Smarkets is a peer-to-peer exchange platform for betting and trading on sport and politics. We operate two main consumer products - the Smarkets exchange and SBK sportsbook app - in the UK, US, and other global markets.
We are currently looking for a committed new team member to join our success story. As a Customer Service Representative you’ll be the first point of contact for all Smarkets customers. You will interact and manage relationships with our customers through multiple channels, as well as ensure the site is live and accessible. You will be processing payments, checking and approving customer documentation as well as collaborating with other teams to make sure issues impacting our customers are fixed in a timely manner. Providing an exemplary level of customer support and user experience is the main focus of the role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups
- Strong writing and spoken English skills are paramount to the role, this will be assessed during the interview process (we require level C2)
- You are able to work a flexible schedule, sometimes including nights, weekends and public holidays
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- You are a natural problem solver
- You’ll be able to spot opportunities to help our customers to get the most out of the website
- Good typing/keyboard skills and computer literacy
- Right to work in Malta
- Ideally Malta based
- Push to win
- Make others better
- Give a shit
- Be a pro
- Bring the energy
Our mission at Smarkets is to fix the betting industry with the best products and best prices. Smarkets is a Series B startup that brings a professional, tech-led approach to the sports and political betting industry with a sophisticated platform that has handled over £25 billion in traded volume since 2010.
We embrace collaboration, trust, innovation and scientific rigour, while we celebrate ambitious goals and passionate energy. We push ourselves to be the best and lean into challenges to ensure that we are continually developing at both an individual and organisational level. This has enabled us to be where we are today and leads us to where we want to be next.
Our culture rewards people on merit and excellence and we strive to provide a working environment where recognition, challenges, support, collaboration, interesting benefits and shared meals provided by our chefs mix together to let you unlock your potential, grow with us and become your best self.
Smarkets is an equal opportunities employer and takes active steps to prevent bias and discrimination in our interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.