Smarkets is an award-winning, product-focused sports betting technology company headquartered in central London, with offices in Los Angeles and Malta. Our strength is people, technology and trading, with a passion to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology.
Smarkets prides itself on collecting self-starting individuals seeking challenge, and our team members' experiences show this. Come join former financial and adtech engineers, researchers, scientists, PhDs, journalists, and even chefs at one of the most dynamic workforces in London.
Our vision is to upend the betting industry by offering prices as close to fair value as possible on sports, politics, and other events. We are doing this by using technology and the smartest people to solve problems.
We're a fast-growing team of 115 people encompassing over 38 nationalities, with a platform that has handled over £14 billion worth of bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to disrupt one of the oldest industries in the world. We have previously ranked second in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 (2017) and been the fastest-growing fintech business in the Financial Times' FT 1000 list of European companies (2018).
We’re searching for a highly organised and resourceful Office Assistant to work alongside our Office Manager at our London HQ. The ideal candidate should have a genuine interest in building up his/her career in office management, be a great problem solver, be able to work under pressure, enjoy working closely with people, and be an excellent multi-tasker. No two days are the same and there are many untapped opportunities to make Smarkets an even better place to work in. Our Office Management team has a crucial role in this.
Areas of responsibility
- Being the “go-to” person for staff requests
- Ensuring that all facilities are operational
- Working with the Office Manager to ensure that the office runs smoothly and efficiently
- Overseeing the tidiness and cleanliness of the office
- Onboarding setup (e.g. workstations, access cards)
- Stocktaking and ordering supplies (e.g. food/drinks/stationery)
- Handling Couriers/Mail/Parcels
- Organising company events and town hall meetings
- Managing external relationships with suppliers
- Maintaining furniture and IT equipment inventories
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Carrying out ad hoc tasks/projects
- Looking at ways to improve systems and enhance the office
- Welcoming guests
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to the Office Manager
- Some prior experience in office management/support
- Some work schedule flexibility (although seldom needed)
- Excellent organisational skills - prioritise and perform multiple tasks seamlessly
- Hands-on and a can-do attitude
- Great attention to detail
- Positive attitude and act as a cultural ambassador
- An emphatic approach with great interpersonal skills
- Calm demeanour and the ability to self-motivate in the face of adversity
- A healthy dose of autonomy and ownership of projects/assignments
- A practical approach, great problem solving and ability to think in your feet
- Ability to thrive in a regularly changing environment
- Good execution, whilst holding up to high-quality standards
- Someone reliable and collaborative
- The ability to look for ways to improve systems and the work environment
- Prior startup working experience or within a fast-growing environment
- Good knowledge of basic IT support
- Interest in technology and working in a highly technical environment
- Previous event organisation experience
- Three meals a day catered by our team of in-house chefs
- Pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Yearly training and conferences budget of £1,000 per employee
- A progressive, transparent culture and great work environment
- Greater flexibility in your role and a flat management style
- Meditation rooms and counselling co-pay scheme to promote wellbeing
- In-house/external monthly socials with drinks, food and activities included
- A gregarious, collaborative team
- Well-stocked complimentary pantry of drinks and snacks
- Central London, penthouse office overlooking trendy St Katharine Docks
- Fluid work environment with sit-stand desks
The salary ranges between £25k and £30k (although flexible) and it will be dependent on experience and the skills you bring into the role. Each employee receives an amount of options. This is a full-time job based at our head office, 1 Commodity Quay, St Katharine Docks, London, E1W 1AZ.
Please note that we will be unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this role.