FinTech, meet Sports Betting
Smarkets is a peer-to-peer exchange for sports and political betting that has handled over $15 billion in trading volume since 2010. We have offices in London, Los Angeles & Malta with staff from 35 different countries.
Our goal is to upend the sports betting industry by creating a transparent platform that creates the best value for users with not only the fairest odds but also the best technology, alongside a superior customer experience. We've been able to achieve this as a result of our dynamic, self-starting company philosophy which puts the engineers in charge of driving change.
As a company we use a range of modern computing languages and tools which have been conceptualised and implemented by the engineering group - Kubernetes, React, React Native, Rust, C++17 and Python to name a few.
Ultimately our culture has been responsible for the work the engineering staff have achieved. We aim to have a relaxed and collaborative working environment to solve the challenging problems that we face. In-house chefs, transparent salaries and monthly parties are some of the highlights of being a Smarketeer.
We are looking for a Quant Developer who will be working on the following key areas for the team:
- Implementing, backtesting, shipping and monitoring data-based algorithms
- Improving our technical and fundamental market models
- Working to analyse market patterns
- Defining your role in the context of self management (we'll help you with this)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar STEM subject.
- Some knowledge in statistics, econometrics or statistical learning
- Strong coding, being able to write efficient and performant code in any OO or Functional language
- Database querying knowledge (PostgreSQL)
- Experience working in a trading environment
- Functional programming experience
- Self-management structure similar to Valve
- Unlimited holiday policies
- Flexible and collaborative work environment
- Daily catered meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), free drinks and food all day, parties on a frequent basis
- Work with one of Europe’s smartest workforces
This is a full-time job based at our office in Tower Hill, London.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.
Smarkets is an equal opportunities employer and takes active steps to prevent bias and discrimination in our interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.