About the Position
We are looking for Interns to join Smarkets for 12 weeks over the summer of 2020, all the teams are looking for interns and we have opportunities for Software Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers and Quant Developers. You’ll be working on 1 or 2 projects over the course of the summer and you will be making the decisions about how you will solve these problems (with advice from senior engineers) - we aim to offer an experience that closely mirrors a full time role.
- You have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or relevant experience, with a good understanding of software design, data structures, and algorithms
- You enjoy writing elegant, well-tested and maintainable code
- You are familiar with Python 3, C++, React, React Native, or Rust. This is a plus, but not a must
- You enjoy collaborating with others
- You can talk comfortably about software at both a high (design) and low (algo) level
Smarkets brings a professional approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. We embrace collaboration and our culture of trust, innovation, and scientific rigour has enabled us to grow to where we are today. Our people have a large impact on the product - be it changing the direction of our technical stack or pushing new features - you’ll be key in driving Smarkets forward.
Our culture is built on the principles of self-management and rewards people on merit and excellence, avoiding the bureaucracy of pyramid management. Ultimately we are a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy learning, playing, and eating the excellent meals provided by the chefs!