Smarkets is a technology company based in central London. We have built, and continue to expand, one of the world's largest betting exchanges. We believe that effective, low-margin exchanges are integral for proper price discovery in prediction markets. Our strength is technology and trading, with a passion to push the boundaries of real-time financial technology.
We're a growing team of over 120, boasting more than 30 nationalities and our platform has handled several billions of bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to become one of the most profitable companies per employee in Europe.
We are looking for a Lead for Data Insights who will be responsible for analysing customer data to inform overarching strategy as well as day-to-day business decisions.
We are looking for a data-driven, customer and people-centric individual to manage and develop our Analytics and Insights capabilities. This person should also have excellent communication skills to be able to present their findings and analysis back to business stakeholders. This person will be responsible to identify, analyze, and socialize insights that will have a positive, measurable impact on brand strategy and to the company’s bottom line.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
- Produce high-quality analyses to inform brand strategy and day-to-day business decisions.
- Synthesize and communicate analyses and findings to better understand our customer’s behaviors and preferences in addition to tracking the response of external marketing activity.
- Drive and develop the necessary tools, including data visualization, dashboards, processes, and education to further embed data-driven decision-making.
- Generate data visualization reports and dashboards to support management decision-making.
- Work alongside the marketing planning team to implement new measurement methods to drive business intelligence by uncovering actionable insights.
- Be a partner to the acquisition and retention marketing teams to optimize their initiatives, content and social programs to help drive our long-term vision.
- Partner with the engineering and data teams to build a scalable marketing data infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain a dashboard for tracking performance of each marketing campaign, including tracking end-to-end digital marketing campaigns, setting KPI’s and calculating detailed ROI’s.
- Mentor junior team members and help shape analytics outputs that drive action and improve the business results.
- Deliver new and robust ways of forecasting customer trends and behaviors.
- Strong understanding of database architecture, ETL set up and data-flows. Able to work with raw data to analyse campaigns and draw useful conclusions and solve problems.
- Ability to understand the implementation of sophisticated BI models e.g. customer segmentation, churn modeling, customer LTV.
- Exceptional project and time management. Highly organised and focused, ability to deal with multiple tasks, teams or problems at the same time.
- Excellent at working under in a fast paced environment, self-starter with meticulous attention to detail.
- Innovative and creative. Ability to embrace change and think outside the box to solve problems.
- Strong communication skills and experience with working as part of a team to achieve goals and deadlines.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.