Smarkets is a growing tech-led team of over 100, boasting more than 30 nationalities. Our platform has handled over £3 billion in bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to become one of the most profitable companies per employee in Europe.
Smarkets prides itself on collecting individuals seeking challenges, and our team members' experiences reflects this. Come join former financial and adtech engineers, researchers, scientists, and PhDs at one of the most dynamic workforces in Europe and America.
The Communications Director will work alongside our CEO in our Downtown Los Angeles office to develop and execute an inspiring, actionable and impactful external communications strategy that translates into building our reputation and ensuring effective media coverage. The candidate must have an existing network of contacts and an excellent grasp of modern communications strategies in a fast growing Sports or Technology environment. Moreover, we would expect this candidate to help build our CEO's profile nationally.
Excellent writing and presentation skills are a must in order to act as brand ambassador for Smarkets internally and externally.
- Plan, develop and implement PR strategies and report on their effectiveness
- Run point on managing media and press relationships
- Oversee the research, writing and distribution of press releases to media
- Collate and analyse media coverage
- Write and edit speeches, articles and annual reports
- Devise and coordinate photo opportunities
- Organise events including press conferences
- Help oversee messaging on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- Source and manage speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of PR / Communications related experience
- Experience leading and developing PR for a high-growth company
- Combines a strategic mindset with great attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Can articulate inspiring, actionable communications and strategy
- Passion for tech/fintech and robust industry knowledge a plus
- Self-management structure similar to Valve
- Generous vacation policy
- 100% employer paid health insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Free meals daily, social events and parties on a frequent basis
- Downtown LA office very close to the metro
Salary determined by peer review and dependent on experience. Stock options, and other benefits for qualified candidates.
This is a full-time job based in Downtown LA.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the US when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.