About the Position
Being a Software Engineer at Smarkets means working in high-performing teams that have control over the features they ship and the code they write. We have built a modern tech stack around Linux, Kafka, Postgres, and Kubernetes using Python 3, C++ 17 and React.
The Smarkets platform is used by tens of thousands daily through the app, website or REST API. We are continuously developing new features for these platforms, or improving performance, scalability and usability in the backend.
- You have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or relevant experience, with a good understanding of software design, data structures, and algorithms
- You enjoy writing elegant, well-tested and maintainable code
- You are familiar with Python 3, C++, React, React Native, or Rust. This is a plus, but not a must
- You enjoy collaborating with others
- You can talk comfortably about software at both a high (design) and low (algo) level
Smarkets brings a professional approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. We embrace collaboration and our culture of trust, innovation, and scientific rigour has enabled us to grow to where we are today. Our people have a large impact on the product - be it changing the direction of our technical stack or pushing new features - you’ll be key in driving Smarkets forward.
Our culture is built on the principles of self-management and rewards people on merit and excellence, avoiding the bureaucracy of pyramid management. Ultimately we are a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy learning, playing, and eating the excellent meals provided by the chefs!
Please find more information about our engineering interview process at - https://smarketshq.com/