Smarkets is a tech company with the aim to disrupt the betting industry by providing a fair, competitive betting exchange platform, where users can trade against each other. We have built a modern tech stack around Linux, Kafka, Flask, and Kubernetes using Python 3, C++ 17 and React.
The Smarkets platform is used by more than 25k users daily through the App, Website or REST API. We are continuously developing new features for all of these platforms or in the backend, to improve performance, scalability and usability.
- You have a strong background in Computer Science, with a good understanding of software design, data structures, and algorithms
- You are capable of writing well tested and maintainable code that integrates with an existing software system
- Familiarity with Python 3, C++, React Native, or Rust is a plus, but not a must
- Experience with any other technologies in our stack (Kafka, Postgres, Flask, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Grafana)
- You have some personal projects or open source contributions to show off on your GitHub
- An interest in sports, politics, finance or betting
- Friendly and open company culture
- Three healthy meals a day cooked by our in house chefs
- Flexible work hours and unlimited holidays
- Personal training and conference budget
- Bright and friendly office near tower bridge, with the usual start-up perks (Foosball table, fruit and snack bar, various gaming consoles and more)
- Monthly office events like parties, pub quizzes or fun workshops
- And of course, a competitive salary matching your experience level
Our strength is technology and trading with a passion to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology. With our self-management structure, flexible work environment and uncapped holiday allowance, Smarkets offers a unique opportunity to be part of a great work culture. Our office in St Katharine’s Docks (Tower Hill) comes complete with a fantastic roof terrace and a team of in-house chefs cooking breakfast and lunch every day. Food is big at Smarkets, and lunch al’desko is officially banned!
The fine print:
The salary range for this role is from £45,000 to £115,000 and also includes stock options, plus other benefits listed above. Your salary will be determined by the experience and knowledge that you demonstrate during the interview process. We've quoted a broad range to help show the different levels of experience we look for. We are committed to pay parity and unlike a lot of other companies, we disclose salary information internally.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.