The SingleStore engineering team is responsible for building our core database engine and managed service platform. This includes developing in-memory and on-disk data structures and algorithms, row and columnar stores, networking, query optimization, and execution, permissions, security, and cloud platform-as-a-service infrastructure.
As a senior software engineer for data security on the SingleStore engineering team, you will have the unique benefit of building systems software in a rapid production environment with a small and collaborative team. Your duties will include overseeing the direction, design, and development of key security features for the SingleStore database engine and managed service. These may include data encryption, key management, network security, permissions models, authentication and authorization, and more. In this position, you will be empowered to leverage your technical, leadership, and business acumen while mentoring other engineers who are eager to learn from you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead innovation for major security components, systems, and features.
- Design and develop new systems to enhance database security while maintaining performance with good throughput and low latency.
- Ensure data consistency and durability with breakthrough performance and scalability.
- Automate and test your own code to improve overall software quality.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- Actively participate in customer POCs to optimize customer experience and adoption.
- Work collaboratively with multiple departments such as Sales, Marketing, and G&A.
- Work with Information Security to resolve technical findings from annual penetration tests & quarterly vulnerability scans which are product-related.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least five years of experience developing and debugging in system level C/C++, particularly on Linux
- At least two years of experience working on data or database security
- At least two years of experience with file systems, concurrency, multithreading, and server architectures
- Passionate about building highly reliable system software
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a similar field
- Experience in encryption technologies desirable
- Experience in access control & data masking technologies desirable
- Experience in identity provider implementations & authentication mechanisms required
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.