At SingleStore we're not just building a database company, we are defining the future of data management. As a Software Engineer on the Infrastructure Team, you will focus on continuing to build out and improve upon our product testing platform used by all software engineering teams at SingleStore, as well as being at the forefront of developing applications that will take our managed service (database as a service) product to the next level. Your expertise in building out cloud applications will drive technical decisions critical to both team and company success.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build observable, high-performance applications that power our edge / hybrid cloud product, internal and external infrastructure, and our product test harness, "Psyduck."
- Design and architect novel solutions to address cloud-scale problems, using bleeding edge container and scheduling technologies.
- Automate workflows and test your own code to improve overall software quality
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Perform insightful code reviews for your team members
- Guide broader product teams on cloud-scale practices (observability, security, performance and scalability.)
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, Python, or Go.
- Experience with containers with an emphasis on the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Deep interest and experience working on distributed systems, databases, networking, storage, and multi-tenant services, and Unix/Linux environments.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a similar field
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.