We are looking for hackers and generalists who value using software to improve lives and make an impact while tackling difficult technical problems. We are built on Ruby on Rails and React, but what's most important is solving problems and getting stuff done.
Reporting to our Head of Engineering and working closely with our Head of Product, our engineers build customer-facing tools with significant autonomy and product ownership. Our engineers are the key to our growth, and their opinions valued.
SimplyInsured is a 100% online platform to buy small business health insurance. We are revolutionizing the $20B health insurance brokerage market and improving our customers' lives.
We have thousands of delighted customers, grow in double digits every month, and are backed by YCombinator and some of Silicon Valley’s top entrepreneurs and investors.
Who You Are:
- An engineer with 2+ years of relevant experience - code samples are best (share your github, personal website, previous projects, etc.)
- Ready to do everything from tweaking nginx on our servers, to building analytics and marketing solutions, to designing entirely new insurance services
- Committed to our product with a strong desire to build product and win
- Technical background: a degree in CS, EE, math, physics, molecular gastronomy, etc.
- Bonus points if you have worked at a startup
Who We Are:
- A mission-driven team who want to fundamentally transform the health insurance industry
- Self starters with a history of building (and breaking) things
- High trust, achievement, and transparency culture
- Problems solvers
- Data-driven thinkers
What We Offer:
- Generous stock option packages
- Lunch and Dinner every day (along with healthy snacks)
- Team-building activities like wine tastings, hikes, and volunteer opportunities
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance (duh!)
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success