At SimplyInsured we are on a mission to eliminate fear in health insurance.
Health insurance is complicated, expensive, and really important - so it tends to create fear for most people; our goal is to reduce that fear as much as possible.
We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and their families. With more than 20,000 customers and several major partnerships including Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, New York Life Ventures and AltaIR Capital.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will play a pivotal role in shaping and maturing the People Operations function at SimplyInsured. You will partner closely with leaders and employees, providing consultation and guidance on a variety of People Operations needs. This role is fully remote.
What you’ll do:
- Build relationships with the business, understanding the holistic needs of the business and establishing rapport as a trusted human resources partner.
- Partner with leadership to design, development, and execute of strategic initiatives including the semi-annual engagement survey and planning, semi-annual performance reviews, talent development activities, and more.
- Advise managers on employee relations matters, including consideration of relevant employment laws; conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations when required.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Recommend, develop, and implement new human resources processes and policies
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, promotions, lateral transfers, re-leveling, benchmarking, etc
- Manage and build processes for tactical and operational daily activities in human resources (ex: I9 processing, trainings, employee/personnel data management and filings)
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years in human resources function: HR generalist, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, or similar role within a startup environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with the employee base and management
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex human resources projects and initiatives in a rapidly scaling and preferably remote-first, multi-state environment
- Working knowledge of human resources principles and procedures as well as an intermediate understanding of the laws and regulations that govern the workforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
What we offer:
- Generous stock option packages
- Competitive compensation
- “Take what you need” time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
The base salary range for this position is $95,000 - $130,000.
We have a market-based compensation structure. The salary for this position may vary based on a candidate's experience, industry expertise, technical skills, and location. The range provided is just one component of total compensation including, but not limited to bonus eligibility based upon the achievement of performance objectives and company stock options.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested; we'd love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.