At SimplyInsured we are on a mission to eliminate fear in health insurance.
Health insurance is complicated, expensive, and really important - so it tends to create fear for most people; our goal is to reduce that fear as much as possible.
We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and their families. With more than 20,000 customers and several major partnerships including Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, New York Life Ventures and AltaIR Capital.
We're seeking a Full Stack Engineer to join our engineering team and play a pivotal role in elevating our platform to new heights. This individual will play a critical part in addressing customer-reported issues, designing innovative features and solutions for clients, and driving integrations with our diverse array of partnerships. Reporting directly to our Engineering Manager, this role holds the responsibility of shaping the technical landscape of our platform.
Our technology stack includes React and Redux for the front end, while the backend is powered by Ruby.
What You'll Do:
- Demonstrate proficiency in designing and implementing scalable frontend architectures, contributing to the foundational strength of our systems.
- Take ownership of both frontend and backend aspects, employing your skills to resolve challenges and provide exceptional user experiences across internal and external touchpoints.
- Lead the end-to-end execution of projects, demonstrating your ability to navigate through the entire project lifecycle.
- Exhibit a strong aptitude for problem-solving, cross-functional collaboration and rapidly identifying and rectifying frontend issues and roadblocks with efficiency and precision.
- Demonstrate leadership by setting standards, fostering innovation, and ensuring feature quality through rigorous testing.
- Harness your background in consumer-facing tools/products to bring a user-centric perspective to all engineering endeavors.
What You'll Bring:
- A robust background of at least 6+ years in full-stack web development, with a strong emphasis on front end technologies in one or more of the technologies within our stack (React, Redux, Ruby).
- Expertise in debugging and enhancing infrastructure, with a keen eye for identifying areas of improvement.
- Versatility across the entire technology stack, demonstrating proficiency from designing Redux stores to optimizing deployment scripts.
- A knack for architecting elegant solutions amidst complex business scenarios, especially in domains such as health insurance.
- A track record of sucessfully leading and contributing to projects from concept to launch
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, allowing you to articulate ideas and collaborate effectively with diverse teams.
If you're excited to play a pivotal role in steering a cutting-edge platform's evolution, driving collaboration across diverse teams, and employing your prowess in frontend and backend technologies, we encourage you to apply. Your expertise will directly contribute to our mission of delivering an exceptional consumer-facing product in a dynamic startup environment.
What we offer:
- Generous stock option packages
- Competitive compensation
- “Take what you need” time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
The base salary range for this position is $137,500 to $165,000.
We have a market-based compensation structure. The salary for this position may vary based on a candidate's experience, industry expertise, technical skills, and location. The range provided is just one component of total compensation including, but not limited to bonus eligibility based upon the achievement of performance objectives and company stock options.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested; we'd love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.