SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 19,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Criteo, Chariot, KMS, and Alliance Data; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
In this role, the Business Development Account Manager will report to our Vice President of Business Development. This position will be focused on supporting the full life-cycle of our client partnerships, including strategy development, prospecting, deal modeling, negotiation, executive, and ongoing partner management. Additionally, this person will be accountable for driving high-impact, well-conceived initiatives as well as their ultimate finance performance, ensuring sustainable value for SimplyInsured and our partners.
- Managing existing client partnerships
- Identify new high-impact, revenue-driving initiatives with existing partners
- Participate in formulating and implementing innovative deal terms that acquire, engage, and monetize customers at scale
- Manage relationships with partners through regular communications and effective, well-organized business reviews
Your Skills Include
- 3-5 years of experience in business development, partner management or revenue growth via partnerships
- Highly analytical with the ability to consume, process, and transform large data sets into actionable insights
- Experience working with financial models, understanding the various inputs that will influence ROI, and incorporate those insights into deal planning and management
- Familiarity with standard deal structures and ability to review and analyze contracts
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to distill complex issues into the structured framework and concrete plans
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with great attention to detail; the flexibility to accommodate global partners in different time zones.
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.