SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 15,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
We’re hiring a Customer Support Manager who can efficiently engage and manage our amazing team of customer support representatives. This department is an integral department to uphold the company mission of eliminating fear in health insurance for small businesses. With thousands of interactions with customers on a monthly basis, it is critical to ensure the team is performing at the highest level of quality and productivity.
This position will require getting certified as a licensed producer for Health/Accident/Life and keeping the license current. You will also be expected to quickly learn and master the renewals tasks, subject matter, and knowledge to be a resource for your team’s questions. The role will work closely with and report to the Vice President of Operations. As the leader of the front-line team, you will use your experience in motivation, coaching, and data analysis to keep the team focused on the targets and producing at a high level, matched with high quality.
- Interviewing and hiring of new team members
- Performance management towards targets and Service Level Agreements
- Quality review program
- Coaching and training on systems and the Health Insurance industry
- Scheduling and time adherence
- Assisting with the strategy of the Customer Support department
- Ensuring all KPIs are consistently being met by the team - <1% churn
- Ensuring the quality program is fully running within the renewals team
- Leading 1:1’s with direct reports
Your skills include
- 3 - 5 years experience in a customer service role
- 1 - 2 years experience in a leadership/quality evaluation role
- Previous health insurance experience preferred
- Skilled with Customer Service platforms and technologies (eg. Salesforce Zendesk)
- Undergraduate in any relevant field (STEM, business, economics)
- Highly effective coach, mentor, and motivator of support reps
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Process and efficiency expert with knack for identifying bottlenecks and finding shortcuts
- A self-motivated and proactive team player, working quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints, with minimal supervision
- Desire to roll up your sleeves to see a project to successful completion
- Extreme attention to detail
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
- Clear communicator, thoughtful listener, and highly perceptive
- Analytical skills, including expertise with spreadsheet analysis
- High attention to detail and orientation toward building repeatable processes
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every six months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice, except for employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. Therefore, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.