SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 17,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Office Manager to oversee our Lehi, Utah office. This is an exciting opportunity to help us make the space our home, champion company culture, and have an active hand in taking our employee experience programs to the next level.
This role will report directly to our Head of Offices and be the first point of contact for employees and a critical member of the team. You will focus on ensuring a positive employee experience by owning aspects of onboarding/offboarding, office management, and event planning, as well as assisting with a myriad of other people operations programs and initiatives.
While our needs are constantly changing, this is the baseline of what you will do:
- Maintain a productive work environment for the Lehi office team
- Create a welcoming environment for new hires.
- Organize and manage office operations and procedures; execute all general office management duties
- Organizing and maintaining our Customer Support and Revenue Operations licensing program
- Provide in-office support ranging from ordering office snacks, managing catering, taking care of the mail, managing various office vendors, and greet/assist guests
- Assist with Administrative
- Manage employee communication on office protocol; address employee queries regarding office management issues
- Own On-Boarding and Off-Boarding procedures tailoring a seamless new hire experience
- Coordinate office events, including Team Meetings, Team Lunch, Happy Hours, Holiday Parties, Birthdays, etc, with a keen eye to inclusion
- Support the update and maintenance of office policies as necessary
- Order all office supplies; ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage and distribute in-coming and out-going office mail
- Manage office front desk; provide general support to visitors
- Act as project manager for all repairs, facilities projects, and office moves
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of the office
- Manage cleaning, catering, security services, and other maintenance vendor relationships
Your Skills Include
- 2 years experience as an office manager or administrative assistant in a professional environment
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Problem-solving skills and ability to "make things happen"
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple processes and priorities at once
- Attention to detail
- Possess a positive attitude with the desire to take on additional responsibilities
- Tech Savy - able to learn new systems quickly
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation, with a clear career progression ladder based on metrics & licensing
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.