SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 17,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies, scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
SimplyInsured is looking for a full-time quality assurance engineer who will work closely with our engineering and product teams to help drive the quality assurance process and support our release cycles. In this hands-on role, you will be the go-to person for testing to ensure we consistently deliver a high-quality product to our community of small businesses.
- Oversee planning and the implementation of well thought out and scalable quality assurance strategies
- Create new test cases/test plans, and keep existing test documentation up to date
- Execute manual quality assurance processes throughout various development phases (regression, exploratory testing, new feature testing, etc.) to ensure delivery of predictable, high-quality product releases
- Work with a close-knit team to identify trends, bugs, and triage priorities
- Build out our automated testing suite to identify regressions and verify the correctness of our apps
- Collaborate with Product to gain expert knowledge about our user experience and domain
- Enhance developer productivity and efficiency as we scale to support many more customers and functions
- Create detailed, reproducible bug reports
- Influence key go/no go decisions on mobile and web releases
- Be a champion of quality in every phase of the development process
Your skills include
- At least 2 years of experience in a quality assurance role
- Ability to create test cases, define testing strategies, and identify high-risk areas
- Ability to identify and prioritize bugs
- Proficiency in Atlassian Jira /ConfluenceObsessive attention to detail and product quality
- Self-motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
- Passion for problem-solving and the right attitude/aptitude for learning new technology in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.