WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive compensation of $17.00/hour and a $2,000 performance bonus target
- Clear career progression ladder based on metrics & licensing
- COMPANY PAID: Life, Health, and Accident Insurance Producer License (multi-state)
- 100% COMPANY PAID Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Generous stock option packages
- Offsite retreats every 6 months - we have the ability and drive to iterate quickly and this helps us all stay on the same page and develop new ideas
- Employee reviews every 6 months with options for merit increases and promotions based on performance
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
- Part-time remote (work from home) potential based on performance (this is a full-time position for Utah locals only)
SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and their families. With more than 7,000 customers and 2 major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our leadership team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top tier investors at Polaris Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is responsible for shepherding small business applications for health, dental, and vision insurance through the approval process with our insurance carrier partners. As Customer Applications Specialist, you act as the entry point for new insurance applications and Broker of Record changes. You will be an advocate for and advisor to small business owners in the new policy application process. When required, you will work with prospective customers to advise them on the process, identify and gather required documentation, guide employee compliance, and ensure meeting desired deadlines for coverage. This role requires productive collaboration with other members of the team who 1) submit the applications to insurance carriers and 2) interact with carriers to resolve friction or exceptions in the process.
Through primary responsibility for each assigned application, you will also be expected to identify opportunities to increase conversion or efficiency. You'll have unique insight and access into application and approval issues and you'll be empowered through data analytics to propose process improvements or product enhancements to improve the customer enrollment experience.
Your goals are to achieve a high conversion rate of approved policies and drive high throughput of applications through the process. As a critical member of the Revenue Operations team, you will be responsible for growing the company’s revenue from new business and Broker of Record as well as increasing the number of small business groups and employees purchasing insurance through SimplyInsured.
WHO WOULD BE A GOOD FIT?
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in any relevant field
- 2+ years of experience in customer support, sales, or account management role
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
- Excellent people and communication skills, including strong writing and phone skills
- Problem solving skills to navigate complicated issues
- Analytical skills, including familiarity with spreadsheet analysis
- High attention to detail and orientation toward building repeatable processes
- Experience with CRM and salesforce automation systems preferred
- Strong desire to help businesses maximize their health care