SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and their families. With more than 7,000 customers and 2 major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our leadership team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top tier investors at Polaris Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work with our customers to troubleshoot insurance issues, act as their advocate with insurance carriers, solve employer challenges with issues like enrollment and billing, and handle employee questions about coverage and eligibility. You will ensure that small business owners can buy and administer plans that are right for their employees and their families. Your main goal is to delight our customers and help eliminate the fear from purchasing and using health insurance. You will have an incredible impact on people's individual lives. We're in the business of making sure people have access to resources to live healthy lives. In this role, you'll use multiple communication channels including phone, chat, and email.
In this role, you will be a charter member of the new Lehi office of a San Francisco-based startup. You should be passionate about being part of this new phase and have a builder’s mindset.
Being on the front lines of our customer service team means you'll have unique insight and access into our customer's issues and you'll be empowered through access to data analytics tools to seek the truth and propose solutions to improve our customer experience.
WHO WOULD BE A GOOD FIT?
- REQUIRED - Undergraduate degree in any relevant field (healthcare, business, psychology)
- 1-4 years of experience in customer support or sales role
- Positive and optimistic personality - you help others see the positive in any situation
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
- Problem solving skills to navigate complicated issues
- Work hard - play hard, strong desire to help businesses maximize their health care
WHAT WE OFFER
- Starting hourly rate of $17/hr + performance bonus, with a clear career progression ladder based on metrics & licensing
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance monthly premium coverage
- Generous stock option packages
- Offsite retreats every 6 months - we have the ability and drive to iterate quickly and this helps us all stay on the same page and develop new ideas
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success