The Housekeeping Room Inspector is primarily responsible for leading daily Housekeeping and Laundry operations to ensure an impeccable level of cleanliness and aesthetics throughout the hotel. Inspecting and providing feedback to housekeeping staff, for optimal performance in quality and efficiency. Implement, support and supervise the housekeeping team in all guest rooms and public spaces. Understand the impact of the department’s operations on the overall success of Sensei Porcupine Creek and work collaboratively with partnering departments to achieve guest satisfaction. Continually work toward advancing Sensei’s vision to elevate and innovate in key areas while managing efficiencies and quality throughout all processes.
- Set up the daily Housekeeping boards and work assignments
- Conduct a daily departmental “Torii Time” line up with the team
- Assess daily guest room inventory, assign projects as needed, inspect and address all special requests
- Set up and supervise cleaning schedules during the day and overnight for all Public Areas, F&B areas and BOH
- Ensure all supplies and equipment are properly stored and designated inventories are maintained to established par levels
- Ensure rooms are clean and available to guests in a timely and efficient manner
- Assure VIP and special request rooms are set-up and available appropriately
- Lead, train and supervise attendants assigned to guest rooms, turndown, laundry and public areas, and housepersons in all areas to ensure staff is in full understanding of performance expectations
- Inspect Rooms and Public Areas and exterior areas for appropriate cleanliness levels
- Provide team member coaching based on inspection results, and actively assign property improvement tasks based on inspection results.
- Ensure guest room status is effectively communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner
- Supervise daily shift operations and ensure compliance with all company and departmental policies, standards and procedures
- Empower staff to provide excellent customer service and exceed expectations
- Emphasize guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focus on continuous improvement in service performance
- Respond to and resolve any guest issues and complaints relating to housekeeping
- Effectively communicate to staff and/or other departments any areas that need attention and follow up to ensure that deficiencies are addressed immediately
- Communicate and coordinate with Engineering to ensure the efficient repair and maintenance of items related to guestrooms and public areas
- Lead by example with the ability to mentor, inspire and set clear expectations aligned with the Sensei Culture, brand standards of guest experience and service guidelines
- Maintain a strong unwavering commitment to ensure employees are well cared for in their daily work and that wellbeing activities and opportunities for growth are provided
- Any and all related duties as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager, Director of Operations and the General Manager
- Leadership – Maintain a positive, upbeat role, promote and exemplify Company values and represents departmental objectives and interests to internal and external customers
- Customer Service – Follow up on complaints, questions, and concerns; respond to internal/external customer needs in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Teamwork - Develop and promote teamwork and cooperation among co-workers
- Safety – Comply with established safe work practices and attend to all safety-related training provided or made available by the Company.
- Due to the intimate nature of the resort with limited number of guests on property, must assist teams laterally across all departments to lead a seamless guest flow throughout the different resort spaces.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- 2-3 years of leadership experience in Housekeeping Operations in a luxury hotel environment
- Working knowledge of Housekeeping and Front Office operational systems
- Familiar and comfortable with technology and applications such as Alice and Slack
- Strong personal commitment to wellness and motivated to live the Sensei Way
- Discerning attention to detail and dedication to brand presentation
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Self-directed with the ability to meet demands and deadlines and to be efficient and productive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to integrate company values throughout all interactions
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Traits We Value
- Commitment to a healthier living environment and embracing the Sensei Way and philosophy espoused and science identified in Dr Agus’ teachings and writings
- Collaborative mentality and the ability to recognize how to get things done as a team
- Self-confidence and composure to accept critique, process it, and apply the learnings to improve
- Resourceful and adaptable, understanding that a big idea can come from anywhere
- Open to learning, developing new skills and professional experiences
- Loves a good challenge
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well and lead the world toward greater wellbeing.
Based on Dr. Agus’ philosophy, Sensei believes we can guide our guests to greater wellbeing by offering experiential movement, rest and nourishment classes and programs. The launch of the Retreats wellness brand took place on Lana’i, Hawaii in partnership with Four Season’s lodging and food offerings by Nobu. In this location, Sensei Porcupine Creek, Sensei is operating the lodging operation, as well as world-class golf, tennis, spa, fitness, movement, nutrition, meditative, enrichment and body assessment facilities. In addition, Sensei will run the F&B operation, as part of a licensing agreement with Nobu. Sensei programs and continuing learning sessions are high-touch, evidence-led and supported by the latest technology. You can read our story here.
Compensation & Benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Wellness benefit, Subsidized gym membership
- Employee events and recognition programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of Income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.