At Sensei by Nobu the prep cook is responsible for the daily preparation of all items necessary for the operation. The cook is to follow recipes provided by the department and also be creative and implement new ideas to the program. This position will service all guests needs and liaison with other departments accordingly. They must be able to communicate effectively with the team to ensure a seamless experience.
- Run the day-to-day operation of the prep station in the kitchen
- Prepare food items per guest orders of consistent quality following recipe, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards. Complete station setup is expected for all meal periods
- Assist with the daily receiving, organization and storage of all delivered items.
- All food items must be prepared and maintained according to all health code standards
- Leadership - Maintain a positive, upbeat role, promote and exemplify Company values and represents departmental objectives and interests to internal and external customers
- Customer Service - Follow up on complaints, questions, and concerns; respond to internal/external customer needs in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Teamwork - Develop and promote teamwork and cooperation among co-workers
- Safety - Comply with established safe work practices and attend to all safety-related training provided or made available by the Company
- Due to the intimate nature of the resort with limited number of guests on property, must assist teams laterally across all departments to lead a seamless guest flow throughout the different resort spaces
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years serving experience in upscale establishment, wine wine/beer/spirit knowledge
- Hotel/resort experience preferred
- Must be able to be on feet for entire shift and communicate with guests appropriately and effectively
- Above and beyond attitude is required as well as a flexible schedule with ability to work weekends/holidays and evenings
- Must be able to obtain any required food handing or alcohol serving certifications required by local or state agencies.
Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well and lead the world toward greater wellbeing.
Based on Dr. Agus’ philosophy, Sensei believes we can guide our guests to greater wellbeing by offering experiential movement, rest and nourishment classes and programs. The launch of the Retreats wellness brand took place on Lana’i, Hawaii in partnership with Four Season’s lodging and food offerings by Nobu. In this location, Sensei Porcupine Creek, Sensei is operating the lodging operation, as well as world-class golf, tennis, spa, fitness, movement, nutrition, meditative, enrichment and body assessment facilities. In addition, Sensei will run the F&B operation, as part of a licensing agreement with Nobu. Sensei programs and continuing learning sessions are high-touch, evidence-led and supported by the latest technology. You can read our story here.
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401k and FSA plans
- Subsidized gym membership
- Wellness Benefit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.