Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
You can read our story here or see some recent press: Forbes, Condé Nast Traveler
Sensei is seeking expert Massage Therapists to join our team. Sensei’s Massage Therapists report to the Assistant Retreat Director and are responsible for providing high-quality treatments for our guests.
- Administer professional massage and body treatments to guests
- Upholds Forbes Guest Service Standards
- Have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities and possess a general understanding of body treatments
- Ensures that all necessary equipment is set up prior to each service appointment, and cleaned up after each guest
- Review and maintain an inventory of supplies and ensure enough supplies are available for the spa facilities
- Be on time for shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service
- Adheres to massage protocols
- Provide accurate and detailed descriptions of treatments, packages, services, treatment contraindications, facility features and hours of operation
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization
- Uphold standards of guest service and appearance.
- Customer Service – Follow up on complaints, questions, and concerns; respond to internal/external customer needs in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Teamwork - Develop and promote teamwork and cooperation among co-workers
- Safety – Comply with established safe work practices and attend to all safety-related training provided or made available by the Company.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 2 years of massage experience
Required Technical / Other Skills and Abilities
- Performs additional related duties as requested by a manager at any time.
- Must maintain flexibility and be able to work varied shifts, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly demeanor, great smile, energetic, calm, and empathetic
- Able to make sound decisions when in a stressful situation
- Organized and able to prioritize
- Must be able to operate equipment, including: an iPad, computer, and be able to text message.
- Responsible to set up equipment and clean equipment
- Must be able to work flexible hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Massage license from the State of Hawaii
- Floor Thai & Table Thai
- Lomi Lomi
- Lomi A’e
- Hot Stone
- Must be able to bend, stretch, sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, at least 5,000 steps a shift, up and down stairs, in all lighting, indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to push and pull equipment.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, stretch, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Matching and FSA plans
- Subsidized Virtual gym & Fitness App membership
- Uniforms Provided
- Access to Meditation,Yoga and Fitness classes when off duty
- Attend Wellness Lectures
- On Property Gym Access
- Discount on Spa & Salon services
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.