The primary role of the Food & Beverage Manager is to manage the daily operations of all Food and Beverage outlets at Sensei Porcupine Creek. Hire, onboard and train Food and Beverage staff. Manage staffing guidelines in accordance with labor budget and forecasts. Maintain all outlets immaculately and in alignment with brand standards of presentation and aesthetics. Ensure the dining experiences of all guests exceed expectations and represent the high standards of Sensei by Nobu. The Food & Beverage Manager has an extensive knowledge and interest in fine dining and is passionate about the integrating exquisite and memorable culinary experiences in every guest stay.
- Manage the daily operation of all Food & Beverage outlets
- Assist the service and kitchen staff as needed
- Selection, training, development and evaluation of employees in the Food & Beverage Division
- Ensure superior quality in product and service is consistently delivered by a well-trained team of passionate professionals
- Partner with other departments to promote the outlets, special menus/offerings, and events to increase Nobu by Sensei awareness and profitability
- Review daily sales, rectify discrepancies, and make adjustments to forecast as needed
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with staff to review all pertinent information for the shift with regards to menu, guest reservations, special requests, etc.
- Inspect grooming and preparedness of staff and ensure all areas of dining outlets are pristine and presentation is to brand standard
- Monitor staff performance in all phases of service to ensure that service standards and SOP protocols are in precise adherence
- Be familiar with guests in house, prepare accordingly, and respond promptly and effectively to issues or complaints
- Conduct ongoing training with staff to facilitate perfection of craft and continuous growth
- Ensure the staff understands and consistently practices Sensei programs and services with regards to the culinary experience that reflect Sensei by Nobu standards
- Always lead by example with the ability to mentor and inspire
- Maintain par levels, complete requisitions, communicate effectively with vendors
- Ensure that all standards of cleanliness, safety and sanitation within the food and beverage facilities are maintained, regularly inspected and in strict compliance with OSHA and federal health and safety regulations
- Keep all necessary certifications such as food handler cards and alcohol awareness training up-to-date
- Establish and communicate clear expectations aligned with Sensei Culture and brand standards
- Maintain and demonstrate a strong commitment to ensure employees are well cared for in their daily work and that wellbeing activities and opportunities for growth are provided
- Work with the Executive Chef to plan and implement creative and cutting-edge menus for all outlets and events
- Evaluate and address guest comments and reviews regarding culinary outlet experiences, analyze root causes and create resolution and mitigation strategies
- Be knowledgeable of existing and emerging health and safety protocols associated with COVID-19 and how they apply to our staff management and business practices
- Understand the Sensei mission, philosophy and brand standards and develop a team culture around the core company mission
- Maintain and monitor execution and follow-through of agreed upon daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly communication meetings and resulting action items and initiatives as directed by the General Manager
- Leadership – Maintain a positive, upbeat role, promote and exemplify Company values and represents departmental objectives and interests to internal and external customers
- Customer Service – Follow up on complaints, questions, and concerns; respond to internal/external customer needs in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Teamwork - Develop and promote teamwork and cooperation among co-workers
- Safety – Comply with established safe work practices and attend to all safety-related training provided or made available by the Company.
- Due to the intimate nature of the resort with limited number of guests on property, must assist teams laterally across all departments to lead a seamless guest flow throughout the different resort spaces.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years' experience in progressive Food and Beverage leadership positions in a high-end restaurant or in a luxury hospitality setting
- Strong working knowledge of fine dining and an interest in nutrition and innovative cuisine
- Experienced in current Food and Beverage operational systems and software
- Ability to recruit, retain, develop, motivate and inspire a team
- Strong organizational, problem solving and leadership skills
- Ability to meet demands and deadlines and to be efficient and productive in a dynamic environment
- Familiar and comfortable with technology and applications such as Excel, Word, Asana, Slack
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong personal commitment to wellness and motivated to live the Sensei Way
- Discerning attention to detail and dedication to brand presentation
- County of Riverside Food Handler Certification
- ServSafe Certificate a plus
Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well and lead the world toward greater wellbeing.
Based on Dr. Agus’ philosophy, Sensei believes we can guide our guests to greater wellbeing by offering experiential movement, rest and nourishment classes and programs. The launch of the Retreats wellness brand took place on Lana’i, Hawaii in partnership with Four Season’s lodging and food offerings by Nobu. In this location, Sensei Porcupine Creek, Sensei is operating the lodging operation, as well as world-class golf, tennis, spa, fitness, movement, nutrition, meditative, enrichment and body assessment facilities. In addition, Sensei will run the F&B operation, as part of a licensing agreement with Nobu. Sensei programs and continuing learning sessions are high-touch, evidence-led and supported by the latest technology. You can read our story here.
Traits We Value
- Commitment to a healthier living environment and embracing the Sensei Way and philosophy espoused and science identified in Dr Agus’ teachings and writings
- Collaborative mentality and the ability to recognize how to get things done as a team
- Self-confidence and composure to accept critique, process it, and apply the learnings to improve
- Resourceful and adaptable, understanding that a big idea can come from anywhere
- Open to learning, developing new skills and professional experiences
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive wage
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Wellness benefit, Subsidized gym membership
- Employee events and recognition programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of Income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.