Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the most incredible tool in health and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
We’re looking for a passionate Talent Acquisition & People Operations Manager with an authentic desire to build Sensei’s luxury hospitality/wellness/tech brand with their human resources and talent acquisition expertise. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, hands-on, collaborative, start-up culture, and has an eye for top-tier talent needed for this multi-faceted business of luxury hospitality, wellness, and technology experts to help drive Sensei’s vision to guide the world toward greater well-being. This position also supports HR programs, processes, projects and tools.
This role requires an understanding of the complex hiring market and HR best practices. We’re looking for a critical thinker with high EQ that is comfortable with technology and enjoys providing data-driven updates. Please apply if you’re a self-motivated, tech-savvy, domain expert that excels at filling the talent pipeline.
- Reports directly to: The Head of People Operations
- Leads: Sensei’s talent acquisition efforts to attract, hire, and retain high-quality talent through various talent acquisition platforms to support the company’s business goals and enhance our unique, mission-driven company culture and support other People Operations programs.
- Talent Acquisition Strategy: Works with the Head of People Operations in designing and implementing the overall talent acquisition strategy with a focus on inclusivity and best practices and company programs.
- Candidate Experience: Responsible for all touch points of the candidate experience, including communications, interview experience and transition to post-interview status.
- Recruiting Strategy: Partners with hiring managers and stakeholders at corporate and on-property to deliver recruiting targets using innovative approaches to attract the best talent and increase the talent pipeline.
- Culture promotion: Create and maintain an active social media presence to promote the company culture and open opportunities on LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Sourcing & Pipeline Management: Identify top candidates, manage candidate communication, screening, interviews, feedback, negotiations for hires and outcome for all candidates in the pipeline
- Job Postings: Collaborate with hiring managers to draft effective job postings, upload them into the ATS and track incoming candidates for Hiring Managers review
- Processes: Create scalable workflows and processes that will help support the company through the next stage of growth and change.
- Data & Insight Management: Provide current hiring statistics and market trends and manage tracking of DEI metrics.
Diversity and inclusion metrics are used to identify risk areas, prioritize hiring initiatives, set targets and other program goals, assign accountability, and measure the impact of Sensei’s initiatives.
- Presentation generation: Utilize PowerPoint or Keynote to synthesize data from various sources to create dynamic views of recruiting, retention and other relevant HR KPIs.
- Systems Management: Oversee the management of the ATS (Greenhouse) and support in promoting the Sensei Corporate LinkedIn profile and ensure properties promote their culture via their property LinkedIn pages.
- HR Programs: Support and promote SENSEI’s People Operations programs, i.e.; talent and performance management, succession planning tracking and career development plans, etc.
- Pre-opening Critical Path Management: Works closely with the respective Director of People Operations to track HR pre-opening critical paths targets and report on them weekly.
- Collaboration across functions: Serves as a highly visible corporate team member, engaging with leadership across the organization.
- Additional projects and duties as needed and/or assigned.
- 5+ years of management experience in Hospitality Recruiting and Human Resources
- Experience in recruiting in one or more of the following industries: luxury hospitality required; wellness, and/or technology preferred
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience operating an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), an HRIS and Microsoft 365 required. Greenhouse knowledge and working on a Mac is a plus.
- Must enjoy a fast-paced, high-growth work environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Knowledge of employment law and compliance.
- Exemplifies high standards of discretion and integrity regarding confidential matters.
- Start-up or hospitality opening experience a plus.
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Market Salary + Generous Benefits Package
- Work Philosophy: Hybrid work program. The company believes in balancing in-person collaborative work with productive remote work. Schedule and timing may vary by team and role and Sensei’s policies may change as the company's business needs continue to evolve.
- Perks: A beautiful Santa Monica workspace, unlimited vacation, Wellness benefit and subsidized online and in-person fitness membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.