Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the most incredible tool in health and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
We are looking for a UX Designer to help us create the future of wellness working on technology for our retreat team.
This person will merge a passion & empathy for our users with attention to detail, velocity in prototyping, and close collaboration with product & marketing to build world-class product experiences — all in service of guiding our users to greater wellbeing.
A successful designer at Sensei will be enterprising and results-focused, humble while trying to improve the team, and driven by growth.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing company founded by two of the best in their fields – technology and health – and impact new technologies that will empower people to live longer, higher-quality lives. The role is for someone who is passionate about pushing the limits of what's possible and working with top-notch partners.
- Ability to create beautiful and functional interfaces
- Designing features and application workflows in concert with Product team, engineers, and end-users
- Create wireframes, prototypes, mockups, and graphic designs, as appropriate
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Marketing, Sales, users, and other stakeholders to develop a core understanding of user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Proficient in user testing and collecting various forms of feedback, both internal and external
- Communicate design details appropriately to different audiences
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all Sensei software products
- Understanding technical implementation of designs (CSS stylesheets and theming, animations)
- Interest in constant improvement, reevaluating tools and processes, educating others on principles of design
- Create a well-organized, value-driven framework for implementing sturdy UX design
- 7+ years of experience designing digital experiences for web and mobile
- Proven expertise in multiple areas of UX design, including research, IA, visual, prototyping, etc.
- Mastery of design and prototyping/wireframing tools.
- Ability to build and organize design artifacts (flows, journey maps, service blueprints, wires, mocks, prototypes, specs, related documentation).
- Familiarity with design systems and branding guidelines.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with accessibility, localization, and internationalization.
- Experience working on a high performing team, collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, leadership, and other key partners.
- An online or digital portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving across platforms
- Ability to create clean, visually consistent designs
- Proficiency in current design software (Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Principle, Framer, Creative Suite, Etc)
- Strong design foundation in both UI (interaction, visual) and UX (user research, analysis, information architecture, wireframing)
- Knowledgeable in creating wireframes, visual mockups graphics, user workflows, and low and high-fidelity prototypes
- Have the ability to think holistically about complex systems, understand user needs, and integrate business goals to create compelling and effective products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our company
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines
- Previous experience with user-centered design principles and practices, web/mobile standards, typography and color, and web/mobile usability standards
- Degree in Design, Visual Arts, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401k and FSA plans
- Subsidized gym membership
- Ergonomic height adjustable desk
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.