Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the most incredible tool in health and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
We are looking for a Sr. UX Designer to help us create the future of wellness/wellbeing solutions. The ideal candidate has expert capabilities in interaction and visual design and will help create and improve consumer and B2B applications for both mobile and web experiences. This is an opportunity to take a product from incubation to production with the ability to influence the user experience and strategy along the way.
You thrive in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication. You’re both highly analytical as well as highly creative, and consistently demonstrate superb design, writing and presentation skills. You are an advocate for the user and can juggle several high-level projects with confidence, implementing user-centered design methodologies and relevant data.
- Ability to create beautiful and functional interfaces
- Designing features and application workflows in concert with Product team, engineers, and end-users
- Create wireframes, prototypes, mockups, and graphic designs, as appropriate
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Marketing, Sales, users, and other stakeholders to develop a core understanding of user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Proficient in user testing and collecting various forms of feedback, both internal and external
- Communicate design details appropriately to different audiences
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all Sensei software products
- Understanding technical implementation of designs (CSS stylesheets and theming, animations)
- Interest in constant improvement, reevaluating tools and processes, educating others on principles of design
- Create a well-organized, value-driven framework for implementing sturdy UX design
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent domain experience
- 5+ years of experience in a Sr. UX design position
- Creativity with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working at a software company focused on delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills with the ability to successfully interact and influence across functions at all levels of an organization and with customers
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Designing usable, accessible, and engaging user experiences for mobile and web based on research, data, and best practices
- Rapid prototyping
- Participating in defining and driving strategic direction from a user experience perspective
- Influencing cross-functional product teams and the organization to achieve solutions that are right for our customers and adhere to the product vision
- Present design concepts to Senior Leadership and external partners
- Startup experience a plus
- Experience building exceptional digital experiences
- Experience in hospitality or wellness a plus
- Ability to jump in where needed and expand the role
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Ability to work directly with engineers and other key stakeholders
- Experience doing user testing
- Previous experience creating and launching digital applications and taking a product from concept to GTM
- An amazing portfolio that demonstrates the use of creative and novel solutions to solve complex problems
- This position requires monthly travel for 3-4 days to headquarters in Santa Monica, CA, and additional occasional travel, as needed
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401k and FSA plans
- Subsidized gym membership
- Wellness Benefit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.