Fitness Instructor (On-Call)
Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
Sensei is seeking highly skilled Fitness Instructors to join our team. Sensei Fitness Instructors are responsible for conducting physical evaluations, creating customized programs for Sensei guests, and leading individual and group classes and lectures while providing a high caliber of service.
- Offer the highest caliber coaching and guidance to guests in private and group sessions, including class preparation and breakdown, lead hikes (up to 5 miles)
- Conduct Personal Evaluation and Training sessions, including:
- Resting Metabolic Testing
- Cardio Metabolic Testing
- Strength, Flexibility and Agility Testing
- General Fitness Maintenance Program
- Specialized Fitness Programming for range of clients including those needing rehabilitation and high-performance athletes
- Lead a 5 mile hike with guests
- Continuously stay up-to-date on scientific exercise research and trends
- Evaluate program effectiveness, utilizing guest feedback, and suggest updates to programming based on that feedback
- Have an evidence-led approach to your classes and lectures
- Remain proficient in computer operating software systems and reporting required by your position
- Record guest progress as applicable and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all guest/program matters in accordance with company policies
- Bachelor of Science degree in physiology, kinesthesiology, and/or physical education, or equivalent work experience required, with an advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years work experience in leading group classes and personal training
- Proficient in multiple areas of fitness
- Appropriate certification, as required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to move, bend, and stretch as job requires
- Ability to monitor and observe client performance indoors and outside in daylight and lowlight evening conditions
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Performs additional related duties as requested by a manager at any time.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Wellness Coaching Certification preferred
- CPR/AED Certification
- Additional fitness modality certifications or experiences
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and continually seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
- Daily Contractor Rate
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.