Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
Sensei is seeking a highly skilled On Call Retreats Assistant to join our team. This individual will provide assistance to the spa team, fitness and yoga instructors and a general support for guest service and equipment safety in the movement areas in a five-star resort setting:
- Aware of or able to be train guests in the use of fitness equipment
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of scheduled classes
- Assist with the cleanup of the gym, fitness studios and yoga pavilion
- Generally, physically fit and able to work indoors and outdoors, including setting up and breaking down equipment (mats, hand weights, stretch bands, towels, yoga slings/hammocks, etc.), climb ladders to hang TRX or Aerial silks on the ceiling, work between a variety of buildings within a 10-minute outdoor walk.
- May be required to assist participate in daily guest hikes as a lead or second support staff, depending on the group size
- Responsible for cleaning and servicing an assigned number of rooms per day.
- Takes inventory of each wellness studio, closet, treatment room and replenishes linens, amenities, and other supplies.
- Daily duties include changing sheets and linens, replenishing towels, folding linen and robes, loading/driving a van and pulling a cart.
- Delivers additional supplies to treatment rooms as needed throughout the day.
- Loads and transports cart to assigned area, keeping an inventory of supplies used.
- Routinely inspects treatments rooms for maintenance needs, notifying management of issues in detail.
- Refueling and cleaning the car
- Report any car issues
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition and appearance of Hale’s treatment rooms and laundry room to ensure the highest cleaning standards are met.
- Supports leads with tasks such as inventory and organization of storage
- Reports any issue in spa/wellness equipment to the Operations Specialist/ Manager on Duty.
- Greets guests in a friendly manner, providing service and information when possible.
- Unloads, loads and runs dishwasher daily.
- Maintains & organizes the Spa Support building
- Assist with purchasing boxes
- Provide 5-star guest service and adhere to Sensei’s and Four Seasons’ standard operating practices (“SOP’s”) and service requirements
- Courteous, friendly and able to convey the Sensei Way philosophy to guests
- Maintains impeccable attendance record.
- May complete special assignments as requested by management.
- Ability to learn “best practices” and take constructive feedback and instructions from your supervisor
- Friendly demeanor, great smile, energetic, calm, and empathetic
- Refrains from participating in gossip and non constructive behavior.
- Able to make sound decisions
- Ability to work independently with general guidance and instructions
- Organized and able to prioritize and remain focused on tasks.
- Must be able to operate equipment, including: an iPad, computer, hand radio, and be able to text message.
- Ability to climb stairs, a ladder, bend, stretch, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Responsible to set up equipment and clean equipment
- Must be able to bend, stretch, sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, at least 10,000 steps a shift, up and down steps and hills, in the outdoors in all-weather conditions and temperatures.
- Ability to push and pull equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Performs additional related duties as requested by a manager at any time
- Must be available for flexible hours, evenings and work weekends, and holidays.
- Relocation to the island of Lana'i, HI
- Candidates must have valid work authorization for the U.S.
Traits We Value
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Daily Rate
- Healthy snacks and lunch
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.