Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing company founded by two of the best in their fields – technology and health – and impact new technologies that will empower people to live longer, higher quality lives.
We seek a People Operations Generalist to provide superior services in the delivery of HR programs, processes and tools for Sensei, the choice for top-tier talent in both wellness experiences and technology. We seek a generalist with deep understanding how HR functions can strategically contribute to the growth of our high performance organization and drive value and meaning to our mission.
The role is for a passionate expert who creates positive and engaging employee experiences, offering consistent HR guidance on people matters and ensures a pipeline of exceptional talent. Additionally, this person is experienced in recruitment systems, HRIS, Benefits, Compensation, training and proficient knowledge of local, State and Federal laws.
- Manage all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including recruiting, talent management, coaching, development and innovative communication methods resulting in positive engagement.
- Be a champion and advocate of the Sensei mission, values and culture by developing and implementing innovative ways to bring them to life and foster employee engagement that promotes career growth and personal wellness.
- Identify and analyze data driven trends and emerging needs to address them with innovative people programs, systems, tools and processes.
- Manage and conduct our on-boarding program and be a critical part of the team assigned to ensure a great new hire experience
- Become an expert on our HR processes and systems and maintain accurate data and document.
- Continually strive to improve our HR processes and build in operational efficiencies to better streamline productivity and scalability
- Assist in the support of our learning and development programs
- Manage key HR practices and procedures, e.g., onboarding, offboarding, performance reviews, compensation planning, etc.
- Manage HR programs such as benefits, performance reviews, compensation, and L&D
- Develop, update and implement HR policies and procedures
- Partner and advise managers and employees on HR related policies, programs, and procedures
- Address HR compliance topics to ensure the company is in adherence to HR and applicable government policies, procedures, and programs
- Recruiting and talent acquisition - in partnership with hiring managers, continue to define and implement an approach on attracting, hiring and retaining top talent with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team
- 5+ years of experience in a generalist human resources position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field OR Associates degree and commensurate experience
- Working knowledge of California employment law with SHRM or other HR certifications
- Well-rounded understanding of HR best practices regarding talent acquisition, development, and engagement
- Experience managing employee relations, investigations and resolutions
- Knowledge of HRIS ,T/A , proj mngmnt systems : Paychex, Greenhouse, Asana preferred
- Proven problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to partner with employees at all levels
- Experience working in a start up environment with ongoing change and growth
- Comfortable with public speaking and delivering training programs
- Personal commitment to wellness and resonance with Sensei’s culture based on our mission and values
- Exercises strong discretion in dealing with confidential issues
- Possess 5+ years of experience in human resources manager functions: employee relations, compliance , performance and talent management programs compensation, benefits
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Apps and HR systems
- Use metric reporting to make informed decisions
- Work experience in the hospitality and high technology industry highly preferred
- Direct people management experience preferred
- Have experience working with diverse employment types, locations and a global workforce
*Prior experience in start ups and founder owned company beneficial
Traits We Value
- Resourceful, adaptable and finds a way
- Seeks challenges and delivers excellence
- A strong sense of intellectual curiosity and compassion
- Embraces feedback and constantly seeks to improve
- Able to rapidly and flexibly manage competing priorities and comfortable with ambiguity
- Positive attitude with significant stamina and energy
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team and independently
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Catered lunch days / healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Ergonomic height adjustable desk
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Continuing education assistance