Sensei is here to guide you towards greater wellbeing. Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and experiences is designed with one intention: to empower you to grow well. What guides us is a belief that knowledge is the greatest tool in health, and that technology allows us to unlock deeper insights.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
At Sensei Retreats, we balance purpose with play. Guests will enjoy health coaching sessions, body treatments, personal training, meditation, cultural immersion, and enriching activities—all while taking in views that connect them to the world’s beauty. The Sensei Guide provides expertise and support to guests prior, during, and post-stay to ensure a positive experience at the retreat.
The Sensei Guide is pioneering an enriching journey for preventative wellness. You will be responsible for directing the guest experience by better understanding each individual’s goals and intention. You will provide insight and feedback based off of information gathered during a guest assessment to provide a customized program of experiences.
- Guide team expert in the field of nutrition
- Lead hands on nutrition workshops (ie. cooking demos) and lectures to further educate and engage guests
- Provide 1:1 sessions with guests to discuss their personal nutrition
- Work alongside Sensei by Nobu providing education and menu suggestions
- Direct the end-to-end guest experience, from initial consultation and assessment to their last send off session for life after Sensei
- Build guest itineraries based on guest intentions gathered from the pre-arrival questionnaire, conversations and assessments with the guest.
- Understand confidentiality, code of conduct and taking necessary measures to safeguard personal identifiable information
- Implement health screening tools and provide relevant feedback to guests
- Collaborate with teammates & coworkers to enhance service delivery
- Understand the integrative approach to building out customized experiences for each individual guest
- Provide guidance and coaching to support the goals of each guest and challenge them to expand their knowledge base
- Contribute to the enhancement of SOP’s, Sensei Culture, Guest Experience, Measures of Success
- Act as Ambassador for Sensei in front of guests and partners
- Assist with research & program development to support guest education
- Support teammates & coworkers with professional development initiatives
- Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of nutrition
- Previous experience in some coaching capacity
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Registered Dietitian, Graduate Degree in Nutrition, Integrative Nutrition, Holistic Herbal Wellness or related field.
- Passion for growth, continuing education, personal enhancement, goal-oriented
- Demonstrates characteristics of leadership, professionalism, service to others
- Competent with Apple iOS, Office 365, and experience with customer booking systems
- Effective time management skills
- Works well with people and possesses a friendly and outgoing personality
- Able to prepare/write educational materials for guests
Traits We Value
- Mental flexibility
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and continually seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Cell phone bill reimbursement