Founded by Dr. David Agus and Larry Ellison, our ecosystem of products and services is designed with one intention: to guide the world toward greater wellbeing. We utilize innovative content, technology and experiences to positively impact the health of our customers.
At Sensei Retreats, we balance purpose with play. Guests will enjoy health coaching sessions, body treatments, personal training, meditation, cultural immersion, and enriching activities—all while taking in views that connect them to the world’s beauty. The Sensei Guide provides expertise and support to guests prior, during, and post-stay to ensure a positive experience at the retreat.
The Sensei Guide is pioneering an enriching journey for preventative wellness. You will be responsible for directing the guest experience by better understanding each individual’s goals and intention. You will provide insight and feedback based off of information gathered during a guest assessment to provide a customized program of experiences.
- Guide team expert in the field of nutrition
- Lead hands on nutrition workshops (ie. cooking demos) and lectures to further educate and engage guests
- Provide 1:1 sessions with guests to discuss their personal nutrition
- Work alongside Sensei by Nobu providing education and menu suggestions
- Direct the end-to-end guest experience, from initial consultation and assessment to their last send off session for life after Sensei
- Build guest itineraries based on guest intentions gathered from the pre-arrival questionnaire, conversations and assessments with the guest.
- Understand confidentiality, code of conduct and taking necessary measures to safeguard personal identifiable information
- Implement health screening tools and provide relevant feedback to guests
- Collaborate with teammates & coworkers to enhance service delivery
- Understand the integrative approach to building out customized experiences for each individual guest
- Provide guidance and coaching to support the goals of each guest and challenge them to expand their knowledge base
- Contribute to the enhancement of SOP’s, Sensei Culture, Guest Experience, Measures of Success
- Act as Ambassador for Sensei in front of guests and partners
- Ensures all guest requests are communicated and completed
- Assist with research & program development to support guest education
- Support teammates & coworkers with professional development initiatives
- Performs additional related duties as requested by a manager at any time
- Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of nutrition
- Previous experience in some coaching capacity
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able flexible hours and work weekends, and holidays.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Registered Dietitian, Graduate Degree in Nutrition, Integrative Nutrition, Holistic Herbal Wellness or related field.
- Passion for growth, continuing education, personal enhancement, goal-oriented
- Demonstrates characteristics of leadership, professionalism, service to others
- Effective time management skills
- Works well with people and possesses a friendly and outgoing personality
- Able to prepare/write educational materials for guests
- Passion to empower individuals seeking to optimize health and lifestyle
- Experience in hospitality and destination travel a plus
- Passion for continuing education, professional development and personal growth
- Characteristics of leadership, professionalism and service to others
- Proficient in Apple iOS, Office 365, and/or reservation systems
- Efficient time management
- Friendly and outgoing personality, works well with others
- Prepared to create educational content
Traits We Value
- Mental flexibility
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and continually seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401k and FSA plans
- Healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, disability (including association or relationship with an individual with a disability), marital status, National Guard obligation, genetic test results, arrest and court records, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status, breastfeeding requirements, assignment of income for child support obligations, or credit history or report.