Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on creating best-in-class in vivo therapies that permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen CRISPR by Design™ platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine.
We are seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for an Assay Development Scientist to join our team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. Additionally, the candidate would bring expertise in standards of biological assay development, working knowledge of biostatistics, and a broad range of molecular and cell-based assays.
The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Work collaboratively within our Assay Development organization to develop, validate, and execute key assays that generate decision making data for Scribe’s lead programs.
- Identify and implement rigorous stage-appropriate quality control on assays developed.
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- At least 2-5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience developing robust, high-quality molecular and cell-based assays that generate decision making data for projects.
- Biostatistics applied to in vitro and/or in vivo experimental design and sample analysis.
- Ability to succinctly present critical decision-making data to a broad audience of stakeholders in fast-paced cross-functional research projects.
- Ability to prioritize across multiple projects and timelines to meet the team’s goals efficiently and consistently.
- Demonstrated quantitative and scientific thinker as evidenced by a strong publication record
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team
Preferred Skills and Background:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, or equivalent
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and therapeutic approaches
- Familiarity with protein or RNA structure and engineering approaches
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for biological assays
- Process optimization to increase efficiency and throughput
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Visit us at www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.