Investigator, Therapeutic Discovery (Liver and Metabolism)
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on creating best-in-class in vivo therapies that permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen CRISPR by Design™ platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine.
We are seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for a Scientist to join our Discovery team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. Additionally, the candidate would bring expertise in early stage discovery research with translational applications, and an interest in treating metabolic and liver disorders.
The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Work with a small, 2-3 person focused team to devise therapeutic strategies, and execute early stage research and discovery on therapeutic targets in the liver.
- Develop, validate, and execute assays in vitro.
- Effectively communicate results verbally and in writing.
- Collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- PhD in cell biology, physiology, molecular biology, or equivalent.
- Background in early stage discovery research with translational applications.
- High level of proficiency with common hands-on techniques in molecular biology and tissue culture.
- Proven ability to rapidly learn, develop, optimize, validate, and execute novel assays.
- Documented ability to initiate, drive and complete research projects, as evidenced by a strong publication record.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Strong critical problem-solving and analytical skills, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A steadfast commitment to discovery research and strong work ethic.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and associated therapeutic approaches.
- Experience with screen design and optimization
- Familiarity with metabolic and liver disorders, in vitro hepatocyte models and in vivo liver physiology.
- Experience with protein assays, RNA-based assays, flow cytometry, high-content imaging, and/or NGS.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Visit us at www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.