Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on creating best-in-class in vivo therapies that permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen CRISPR by Design™ platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine.
We are seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for a Manager/Senior Manager of Alliance Management to join our team. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. Additionally, the candidate will partner with project leads to create project plans, coordinate critical activities internally and externally, and track project progress, budget and timelines. The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities.
- Establish a firm understanding of the collaboration goals, strategic priorities and success factors. Proactively track, monitor, and communicate contractual obligations and deliverables to ensure responsibilities are met in accordance with terms of collaboration.
- Establish regular communication with cross-functional peers and collaborators, establishing credibility, trust, and respect with these organizations.
- Work with project leads to develop project plans, timelines, budgets and resource requirements on partnered projects. Actively manage the execution of the project plan, to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget. Create and maintain project documentation including agenda, minutes, action items, dashboards, goals and milestones.
- Prepare the Scribe team for joint governance committee meetings and support the development of meeting objectives and agenda, meeting slide content, minutes, and action items.
- Maintain awareness of the current issues affecting the partnership. Diligently work to problem solve and resolve issues in a timely manner. Clearly and persuasively communicate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to Business Development projects through review and input on term sheets and contract drafts, drafting work plans and timelines.
- In coordination with Finance and Business Development, ensure key contract milestones, financial and progress reports are generated and submitted on time.
- Perform regular alliance audits and “health checks”, and identify opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
Required Skills and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with at least 2-5 years of relevant biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry experience (in Business Development, Portfolio/Project, and/or Alliance Management).
- Strong project management and organization skills. Familiarity with collaborative recordkeeping tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and problem solving skills.
- A track record of being a fast learner and being able to adapt to new situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills. Be able to distill the right amount of information and present the right level of detail to various audiences.
- Proactive mindset that can operationalize implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems.
- Persistency, great organizational skills, and a strive for excellence
- Good understanding of the drug discovery and development process. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- MS or PhD in molecular biology, or related field
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and therapeutic approaches is a plus.
- Training or certifications (e.g. alliance or project management) are a plus.
- Previous experience in startup companies
- Adaptive leadership style with ability to influence teams without formal authority
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Visit us at www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.