Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us as a Scientist on the Genotoxicity team to help us develop the safest and most effective CRISPR-based therapeutics. This role will apply expertise in next-generation sequencing, molecular biology, and cell culture techniques to develop assays to detect on- and off-target editing and shape the next generation of therapeutic gene editors.
The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with in vivo biologists and molecular engineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in assessing the off-target effects of genome editing and a scientific background in DNA repair pathways.
You will have the opportunity for professional growth in a fast-paced biotech start-up, which includes leadership roles of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer-reviewed journals. You will work with both our platform engineering teams and our therapeutic development teams to optimize our therapeutic strategy from beginning to end and help set new standards for proving safety in the new field of therapeutic gene editing.
- Work closely with Scribe’s teams to develop novel assays and optimize existing ones to assess the potential off-target editing effects of CRISPR-based therapies across a range of enzymes, targets, and delivery systems
- Collaborate across pre-clinical therapeutic groups both within the company and externally to drive rapid advancement of new targets and molecules
- Ensure high quality data generation through proper assay validation and qualification
- Assume project responsibilities and effectively present updates, and communicate research plans and timelines to the senior leadership team internally and partners externally
- Critically evaluate experimental data and communicate scientific findings as verbal presentations and written reports
- Mentor junior team members
Scientific and Leadership expectations:
- Seamlessly interface and coordinate with other teams at Scribe to accomplish common goals
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required skills and background:
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, genetics, bioengineering or related field. A postdoc and/or 1+ years industry experience is a plus
- Experience with a range of assay development in next-generation sequencing techniques, including both library preparation and data analysis
- Depth of experience with mammalian tissue culture techniques
- Experience in Python programming, unix command line, version control systems (e.g. git), bioinformatic and computational biology toolkits applied to NGS analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
Preferred skills and background:
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems and delivery technology
- Background in DNA repair/DNA damage response pathways
- Familiarity with current methods of on-target, off-target editing assessment
- Track record of methods development and innovation
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Scribe provides an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced biomedical research environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At the time of posting, the base pay wage range for this role is $110,000-140,000 per year. The offered pay range will depend on internal equity and the candidate’s relevant skills, experience, qualifications, training, and market data. Additional incentives are provided as part of the complete package in addition to comprehensive medical and other benefits.