Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for a Computational Biologist or Bioinformatician to join our team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. Additionally, the candidate would bring expertise in data analysis and computational approaches for gaining insight into high-throughput molecular engineering approaches.
Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s first technology, X-Editing (XE) molecules, are highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology. While Scribe’s engineering core continues to evolve and expand, the company is simultaneously addressing diseases of significant unmet need— neurodegenerative disorders.
- Work closely with biologists and bioengineers to develop tools that advance our therapeutic pipeline
- Develop algorithms and statistical inference to gain insight into our high-throughput screening systems for molecular engineering
- Generate data visualisations for high-throughput and high-dimensional data
- Develop and maintain version-controlled code base, and ensure team members are trained in use
- Effectively communicate analysis approaches with close collaborators and across the company
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- Experience in Python programming (preferred), unix command line, bioinformatic toolkits, and version control systems (e.g. git)
- Experience writing and maintaining end-to-end analysis pipelines with workflow management tools (e.g. snakemake)
- Experience in handling and analyzing next generation sequencing data for genomics or other applications
- Demonstrated quantitative and scientific thinker as evidenced by a strong publication record
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team
Preferred Skills and Background:
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Systems Biology, Biophysics, Genomics or equivalent
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and therapeutic approaches
- Familiarity with protein or RNA structure and engineering approaches
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing platforms and molecular biology of sample preparation
- Experience with machine learning and statistical inference applications
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.