Our mission is to engineer best-in-class CRISPR therapies that will permanently treat the underlying cause of disease in vivo. Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s first technology, X-Editing (XE), is a highly engineered CRISPR enzyme that provides greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology. As Scribe’s engineering core continues to evolve and expand, the company will utilize XE and additional technologies to address diseases of significant unmet need, starting with a pipeline of therapeutics for neurodegenerative disorders. Scribe has already announced a research collaboration with Biogen Inc. to develop and commercialize CRISPR-based therapies.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us as a Scientist on the Platform Engineering team to design and build new technologies to expand our capabilities. This role will require an expertise in molecular biology and protein or RNA engineering, and the creativity to design novel libraries and pooled, high-throughput assays. This role will synthesize into a small team and has ample opportunities for professional and personal growth in a rapidly advancing biotechnology company.
- Integrate into a core engineering team to creatively design, build, and test novel RNPs for programmable edits to the genome.
- Work closely with NGS and Bioinformatics teams to analyze and learn from comprehensive screens with statistical rigor.
- Assume project responsibilities and effectively present updates, and communicate research plans and timelines to the senior leadership team internally and partners externally.
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- A PhD in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cell or Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, or related discipline. 1+ years experience in a post-doctorate or in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems and delivery technology desired.
- Advanced expertise in the latest molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Expertise in use of mammalian cell reporter systems, screening in human cells, and readout by FACS and NGS analysis.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and drive as evidenced by a strong publication record.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on building best-in-class in vivo therapies to permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine. The company is backed by leading individual and institutional investors including Andreessen Horowitz. To learn more about Scribe’s mission to rewrite the story of disease, visit www.scribetx.com