Our mission is to engineer best-in-class CRISPR therapies that will permanently treat the underlying cause of disease in vivo. Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s first technology, X-Editing (XE) molecules, are highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology. As Scribe’s engineering core continues to evolve and expand, the company will utilize XE and additional technologies to address diseases of significant unmet need, starting with a pipeline of therapeutics for neurodegenerative disorders. Scribe has already announced a research collaboration with Biogen Inc. to develop and commercialize CRISPR-based therapies that address the underlying genetic causes of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us as a Director or VP of Pipeline Strategy. This role will require an expertise in Corporate Strategy and Business Development and will lead projects of strategic importance to the company with ample opportunities for professional and personal growth in a rapidly advancing biotechnology company.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, you will shape the vision and strategic direction of our company driving pipeline expansion opportunities, strategic partnerships, and other projects.
- Partner with the CEO, CBO, and other members of the leadership team to develop, communicate, and execute a holistic corporate and pipeline strategy
- Design and continuously improve strategic planning processes and other initiatives
- Spearhead sourcing, evaluation, and negotiation of BD transactions
- Communicate efficiently across all levels of the organization and externally
Required Skills and Background:
- Advanced scientific degree (MS, MD or PhD) preferred
- 10+ years experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm, business development, and/or commercial/business analytics functions
- Analytically minded and detail oriented
- High energy, entrepreneurial mindset, intellectual curiosity, ability to think deeply and creatively about business problems, challenge assumptions, and get things done
- Experience in large company as well as venture‐backed biotech environment; comfortable with resource constraints and willing to do more with less
- Strong collaboration, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to be a part of the future of medicine, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scribe is an early-stage biotech startup developing the next generation of CRISPR systems to treat the underlying cause of genetic diseases. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine.