Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s first technology, X-Editing (XE) molecules, are highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology. While Scribe’s engineering core continues to evolve and expand, the company is simultaneously addressing diseases of significant unmet need.
Our mission is to engineer best-in-class CRISPR therapies that will permanently treat the underlying cause of disease in vivo. Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s technology leverages highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Laboratory Operations/Facilities Manager. This person will be responsible for ordering and receiving scientific and medical supplies for the lab, and developing a robust tracking system to ensure all items stay on hand and in stock. The ideal candidate will be service-oriented and have a desire to become deeply familiar with the equipment and supplies required in the lab while also being thoughtful in looking for the most cost-effective options from which to source these items.
- Day-to-day management
- Ordering and receiving lab materials
- Requisition and Management of laboratory materials and supplies
- Cold storage (refrigerator, freezer and LN2 inventory)
- Organization and tracking of chemical inventory
- Maintenance of lab equipment
- Management of analytical equipment including providing advice, obtaining quotes, and developing maintenance, calibration, and training protocols and scheduling maintenance of specialized laboratory equipment/instruments
- Tracking maintenance
- Hosting and managing lab cleanouts on a regular basis
- Supply chain management
- Manage vendor relationships with the technical experts at Scribe to ensure maximal price discounting
- Upkeep of the common laboratory reagents
- Organize technical experts at Scribe to maintain common stocks, plates, plastics, solutions and cells.
- Management of ELN (Benchling) training and compliance.
- Make recommendations for technical changes and improvements in assigned areas and participate with company vendors and representatives to maintain equipment services and other contracts.
Required Skills and Background:
- 5+ years supply chain/lab management
- Prior experience in biotechnology or pharmacology a plus
- Exceptional organization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to participate in the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on building best-in-class in vivo therapies to permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine. The company is backed by leading individual and institutional investors including Andreessen Horowitz. To learn more about Scribe’s mission to rewrite the story of disease, visit www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.