Our mission is to engineer best-in-class CRISPR therapies that will permanently treat the underlying cause of disease in vivo. Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s technology leverages highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us as a Research Specialist on the platform engineering team designing and building new systems to deliver CRISPR in vivo. This role will require an expertise in molecular biology, mammalian systems & synthetic biology, and the creativity to synthesize and design novel parts and expression cassettes. There will be ample opportunities for professional and personal growth in a rapidly advancing biotechnology company.
- Work closely with a core engineering team to creatively design, rapidly build, and efficiently screen vector platforms for the controllable delivery of genome editing tools to target human cells and tissues.
- As part of the screening projects, they will be responsible for cloning and producing high quality vectors for in vitro and in vivo testing, perform essential quality control and potency testing on a variety of target cell lines.
- Design and execute hypothesis-driven and properly controlled studies, analyze data with rigorous statistics, and write up publication quality reports.
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Effectively present updates, and communicate research plans and timelines to the senior leadership team.
Required Skills and Background:
- A BS/BA in Bioengineering, Cell or Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, or related discipline.
- 2+ years wet lab research experience required.
- Post graduate studies or pharmaceutical industry experience are a plus.
- Experience with mammalian cell and bacterial culture, molecular cloning and common bioassays required.
- Expertise in use of mammalian cell reporter systems, screening in human cells, and readout by FACS and NGS analysis is a plus.
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems and delivery technology desired.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on building best-in-class in vivo therapies to permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine. The company is backed by leading individual and institutional investors including Andreessen Horowitz. To learn more about Scribe’s mission to rewrite the story of disease, visit www.scribetx.com.