Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a creative and passionate individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR therapeutics. The current role will aid in our efforts and establish high-throughput CRISPR screens functional genomics. The candidate will have ample opportunities for professional growth, including the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals, lead teams of peers and develop with Scribe.
Together, we will rewrite the story of disease.
- Be part of the charge towards establishing our high-throughput functional genomics platforms, and lead others in adopting best practices
- Develop innovative pooled assays to quantitatively and robustly attain information on 1000s of library members, with multiple endpoints.
- Work closely with team members fostering a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative community for rigorous science.
- Effectively organize and communicate research plans and timelines.
- Step up to the challenge of a growing startup, including leadership in defining goals and priorities.
Required Skills and Background:
- PhD in molecular biology, genetics, biophysics, bioengineering or related field. A postdoc and/or 1+ years industry experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of creating, troubleshooting, and executing on research plans in this field including a publication record of high-quality scientific work
- High proficiency in cellular & molecular biology techniques including cloning for pooled library creation, designing reporter systems, screening in human cells, and readout by FACS and NGS.
- Established experience in mammalian tissue culture methods (maintenance, passaging, quality control, viral production)
- Drive to do science that will change how we treat genetic disease, and the willpower to execute on these goals.
- Experience with functional genomics or next-generation sequencing-based approaches (such as bulk or single-cell RNA-Seq, whole genome or exome sequencing, etc)
- Experience with human cell culture and genome editing in human cells, including primary human cells.
- Experience with computational tools for analysis of biological data (preferably next-gen sequencing based) using a general-purpose programming language (such as Python, R or Matlab)
- A working knowledge of statistics to enable the design, implementation and analysis of screens with library sizes >105 members.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on building best-in-class in vivo therapies to permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine. The company is backed by leading individual and institutional investors including Andreessen Horowitz. To learn more about Scribe’s mission to rewrite the story of disease, visit www.scribetx.com.