Head of EMEA Broker Relations
We are seeking a highly professional and entrepreneurially minded individual to join our Broker Relations team with a specific focus and expertise on EMEA. You will be comfortable multi-tasking whilst balancing multiple priorities and initiatives in a fast-paced working environment. You will have a passion for relationship building and be able to communicate with Portfolio Managers, Sell Side Partners, and Research Vendors confidently and articulately. You will understand the art of managing relationships across the sell side and a propensity for using data to drive firmwide initiatives forward. As well as possessing a client success mindset, you will be process and goal driven with a keen attention to detail.
What you’ll do
As the Head of EMEA Broker Relations, you will be the central point of contact for all of Schonfeld’s sell side and research partners in the EMEA region. You will manage these relationships across all facets of the business including broker votes, resource management, and negotiation. This is a highly analytical role involving the preparation of external documents such as the broker vote, resource and commission management reporting, and other confidential materials. You will also need a high level of professionalism and presentation skills to lead both internal and external meetings with senior personnel. In addition, you will also face off with our Portfolio Managers to ensure they are getting what they need from a corporate access and research standpoint.
Managing sell side relationships
- Day to day communication and relationship building across sell side Equity and Macro coverage team (sales, corporate access, analysts)
- Delivering twice annual broker votes for both Equities & Macro strategies
- Overseeing Schonfeld’s participation in Analyst recognition programs such as Institutional Investor
- Deep understanding and management of MiFid requirements
- Expertise in ensuring compliance with the ever-changing regulatory landscape in Europe
- Manage both the research agreement and invoice/RPA payments processes
- Day-to-day communication and interaction around corporate access and other sell side events
- Knowledgeable about the competitive pricing landscape and how to best ensure a ROI for the investment professionals
PM Sell Side Management
- As the day-to-day liaison between the PMs and the sell side, you will need to have a deep understanding of what resources our PMs need to be successful and what the sell side is delivering
- Ability to have direct conversations when resources are not available or there are multiple requests across the PM teams
- Must be able to communicate research and commission budgets with the PMs on a frequent basis
- Willing to travel to our Dubai office as well as any subsequent offices we open in the EMEA region
Research of best practices
- Staying in the know of best practices across other buyside firms and what the sell side is seeing across their clients
- This includes attending roundtables and networking with peers and partners across the business
- You should be intellectually curious about our process and always looking to improve where possible
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- 5+ years on the sell side or 3+ years on the buy-side in a similar role
- Deep understanding of buy / sell side relationships
- Familiarity with MiFid implementation at a buy-side firm
- Strong presentation and excel skills
- Understanding of corporate access
Necessary strengths of a candidate
- Well spoken
- Problem solver
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.