We are seeking highly qualified and talented technologists to join us as senior members of our Front Office Development teams.
- The Quantitative Trading Platform (QTP) team is focused on building a state-of-the-art next generation latency sensitive trading platform.
- The Real Time Market Data (RTMD) team is dedicated to building and delivering the best real-time market data solutions to our Portfolio Managers.
- The Central Liquidity Book and Algos (CLB) team is focused on developing and supporting the buildout of a crossing platform from the engine to the algo wheel.
What you’ll do
Senior C++ Software Engineers take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges. They will participate in the buildout of best-in-class platforms across market data, trading and crossing engines. You will participate in an Agile working model, continuously improving and expanding platform capabilities based on rapidly changing business requirements as well as providing Level 3 support. Senior C++ Software Engineers also aid in the onboarding and integration of portfolio managers to the platform. The ideal candidate will enjoy solving problems and optimizing code for the continuous improvement of performance, functionality and stability of a system.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Expert C++ development experience
- Expertise in building and developing electronic trading systems, market data systems or crossing engines
- Experience with Linux servers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong ownership experience and a track record of delivering results
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
We’d love if you had:
- Experience with low latency systems
- Experience with equity trading
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Python
- Experience and knowledge of:
- Cloud services such as AWS
- DevOps methodologies such as CI/CD and build automation
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority. Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team's delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the equity markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe.. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.