Back Office Operations Manager
We are seeking a entrepreneurial, highly analytical and detail oriented professional to join the team as a Back Office Operations Manager at Schonfeld in our Singapore office. You will be working with an experienced Operations team to implement best in class operational policies and procedures. You will have a keen attention to detail, a data integrity mindset and be someone who thrives off learning new skills and challenging yourself. You will be a team manager who can use their strong interpersonal skills to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication.
What you’ll do
The individual will manage a small team to drive process enhancements and assist with day to day operational duties.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Leading a small team in APAC within the Back Office Operations space
- Lead the back office team when liaising with both internal and external stakeholders, working with Administrator, Prime Brokers and Third-Party service providers to research and resolve trade, position, cash, and settlement breaks
- Oversee daily T+1 reconciliations between internal systems and the street.
- Cash Management activities, such as cash reconciliations, funding, debit/credit interest, and items of the like while working with Portfolio Finance and Fund Accounting teams.
- Lead projects and collaborate with global stakeholders to enhance workflows and streamline systems/processes.
- Products supported include Equities (Cash/Swap), FX/NDF, Futures/Options, OTC Equity Derivatives (OTC Single-Stock Options, Vol Swap, Var swap)
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Equity & Equity Derivatives & FX product knowledge.
- 7-10 years’ experience in the relevant fields
- Analytical mind to diagnose issues and ability to provide solutions is paramount
- Independent self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset to challenge status quo/existing processes
- Keen attention to detail, data integrity and strong ownership/accountability mindset
- Strong communication skills & stakeholder management
- Comfortable working early morning shift hours starting from 7:30am
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/business/finance or related field
We’d love if you had:
- Prior people management experience
- Systems knowledge in Enfusion, Geneva, and/or Jira
- Experience working in a multi strategy, multi PM fund structure
- VBA Knowledge
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.