About the role
We’re looking for an engineer with a keen eye for detail and a healthy impatience for mediocrity. We’re a fast paced organization and that means there’s a lot to test, and at Trellis getting it right matters, which means our tests matter. Trellis handles insurance policy information for our users and providing accurate data is the bread and butter to our business. It’s naught but your quality testing that holds back the demon data inaccuracies from escaping the product engineering labs and making it into the wild.
In this role, expect to
- Develop and implement effective strategies, processes, and procedures for software testing.
- Expand our test frameworks and test coverage.
- Partner closely with the product management and product engineering teams to understand how things work and ensure everything we build has a test plan before work begins.
- Design new testing systems where current systems are insufficient or non-existent.
- Identify, share and promote the adoption of best practices in testing, code health across the department.
- Ensure tests work reliably in local development as well as cloud-hosted CI/CD environments.
To succeed in this role, you have
- Are comfortable with several testing tools, bonus for familiarity with cypress, jest or mocha.
- You have the “testers” mindset, be curious and diligent in discovering corner cases and inconsistencies.
- You have a solid understanding of testing principles & methodologies. Knows that all testing is exploratory in nature and appreciates the difference between testing and checking.
- You have a solid understanding of HTTP and how modern web applications are built.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work quickly and efficiently with a good sense of prioritization.
Nice to have, but not essential
- Experience working in fast paced, growing startups and understand all the additional demands that comes with this
- Production experience with our tech stack - React, Node, TypeScript, Firestore
- Familiarity with cloud environments, especially the Google Cloud stack
- Prior experience in AdTech or Insurance