About the Role
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) plays a pivotal role in the continuing development and evolution of a best-in-class servicing department. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, a CSR is someone who loves talking to and helping people, a creative thinking who is able to assist and service a variety of insurance products, and someone who looks to proactively solve any issues. The CSR will provide information on a variety of complex customer service issues regarding different P&C products to help grow agency retention and build customer loyalty.
In this role, expect to:
- Assist all existing and potential agency clients across a wide variety of servicing needs via phone, email, and SMS in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Correctly interpret and analyze insurance policies, cancellations, reinstatements, endorsements, reports, and other insurance-related documents to make data driven decisions.
- Collaborate across teams to deliver the best resolution and the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Navigate dozens of insurers' products and agent portals – including Progressive, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, and other top insurers – to efficiently and effectively service clients.
- Utilize complicated, evolving software, such as our CRM and in-house comp rater
To Succeed in this role, you have:
- Industry Experience: you have two to three years of P&C Insurance experience and actively hold a Property and Casualty or Personal Lines license
- Amazing communication skills: you have outstanding written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality
- Proactive and Self-Sufficient: a proven history of personal initiative, efficiency, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and performing quality work within deadlines with or without supervision
- Hyper-comfort with ambiguity: we are a Series A start-up that rolls out process and system updates frequently; you thrive on quickly adapting and apply changes to turbo-charge your sales goals
- Natural Problem Solver: you see issues as opportunities and can look at complex problems and propose creative solutions.
- Superior computer fluency: you can learn new systems quickly and navigate multiple Carrier portals simultaneously
Variable compensation based on performance
- Base salary starting at $47.5k - automatic increase to $50k after 3 months!
- Annual commission between $8k - $12k depending on performance, no cap!
- Uncapped bonuses for up-selling and cross-selling insurance products
- Earn 4% commission of total written premiums
- Bonuses available for putting in extra hours
- Regular contests and incentive programs to earn more
Nice to have, but not essential
- Active licenses in 40+ states
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note: all employees must complete a background check prior to starting employment with Trellis or its subsidiaries.