As a software engineer in our development team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. Our team values creativity, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication.
Working with the team in Granada, Spain will help continue our success in Europe and beyond. We are fun, energetic and passionate about what we do. Come join us, and develop technology at the core of real-time distributed, mission-critical systems.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
Support, design, develop, test and document core infrastructure software, part of the RTI Connext Data Distribution Services (DDS) products. Your focus will be on the secure DDS products. Some of the tasks that may be part of your day are:
- Design new security features and participate in architecture reviews for the overall product
- Develop new features primarily using C/C++. (You may also debug and work in Java or C#.)
- Discover and resolve software vulnerabilities in the product.
- Test and maintain middleware on a variety of operating systems and real-time embedded platforms, and for interoperability with other DDS-based products
- Investigate, understand and debug customer issues. Find timely creative solutions to customer problems, including implement bug fixes.
- Create engineering builds resolving specific bugs and ship maintenance releases.
- Evaluate and analyze performance
- Potential travel and training in Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale, CA, USA).
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred). Studies related to security, distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and computer networking preferred.
- Experience with resolving software vulnerabilities and implementing security solutions: e.g., authentication, integrity, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. Experience with key management solutions is a plus.
- Experienced programmer (through internships, university projects, open source projects, etc.). At RTI, you will work primarily in C/C++ but may also work in Java/C#/Python/Lua. We are looking for somebody who knows how to program in C/C++. Don't worry if you do not master the other programming languages. We believe a good programmer will pick up other languages quickly.
- Excellent debugging skills in a wide variety of technologies, networking protocols, operating systems and programming languages. We’re looking for a software engineer, who can learn quickly and be effective in a large variety of technologies.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in USA.
- Must be willing to work in the Granada, Spain office and have the right to work in Spain
- Demonstrate Proficient English written communication skills, with the drive to improve English verbal communication skills.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer