As a software engineer in our development team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. Working with the team in Granada, Spain will help continue our success in Europe and beyond.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects AI to real-world devices. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. We combine artificial intelligence with real-world distributed systems; today’s two most important trends. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
Read more about our journey here!
Support, design, develop, test and document core infrastructure software, part of the RTI Connext Data Distribution Services (DDS) products. Your focus will be on the secure DDS products. Some of the tasks that may be part of your day are:
- Design new security features and participate in architecture reviews for the overall product
- Develop new features primarily using C/C++. (You may also debug and work in Java or C#.)
- Discover and resolve software vulnerabilities in the product.
- Test and maintain middleware on a variety of operating systems and real-time embedded platforms, and for interoperability with other DDS-based products
- Investigate, understand and debug customer issues. Find timely creative solutions to customer problems, including implement bug fixes.
- Create engineering builds resolving specific bugs and ship maintenance releases.
- Evaluate and analyze performance
- Potential travel and training in Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale, CA, USA).
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred). Studies related to security, distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and computer networking preferred.
- Experience with resolving software vulnerabilities and implementing security solutions: e.g., authentication, integrity, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. Experience with key management solutions is a plus.
- Experienced programmer (through internships, university projects, open source projects, etc.). At RTI, you will work primarily in C/C++ but may also work in Java/C#/Python/Lua. We are looking for somebody who knows how to program in C/C++. Don't worry if you do not master the other programming languages. We believe a good programmer will pick up other languages quickly.
- Excellent debugging skills in a wide variety of technologies, networking protocols, operating systems and programming languages. We’re looking for a software engineer, who can learn quickly and be effective in a large variety of technologies.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in USA.
- If located in Europe -Must be willing to work in the Granada, Spain office and have the right to work in Spain
- Demonstrate Proficient English written communication skills, with the drive to improve English verbal communication skills.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.