Do you have a customer-first mindset? Do you have a passion to help people and deliver end-user productivity and experiences? How about the opportunity to join a team of technical SMEs to deliver a scalable infrastructure with business-relevant capabilities at the speed of business? If those weren’t enough, how about the opportunity to shape and drive long-term technical directions AND impactful business decisions? If you’re enthused by the opportunity, read on and apply! We’re equally excited to meet you!
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the design and support of our Linux and network infrastructure. You will evolve our on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure to become best-in-class, including the areas of identity management, security, and operational efficiency in the forms of self-service and automations.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects AI to real-world devices. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. We combine artificial intelligence with real-world distributed systems; today’s two most important trends. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
Responsibilities and Job Functions:
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, automation and configuration management.
- Manages tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment, driving all issues to resolution with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and efficient task execution.
- Be the escalation point for Tier 2/3 IT issues and drive through to resolution.
- Engage with cross-team peers to ensure services are implemented in ways that meet requirements and align with our strategy.
- Manage centralized administration and integration of Linux-based services such as Antivirus, OS Deployment, software installation, inventory, patching and routine maintenance.
- Improve operational efficiency, including but not limited to, self-service for our employees and automated deployment of systems and user creation(s).
- Design, build, and support cloud-based (e.g, AWS, Azure) and on-premise infrastructure (e.g, OpenStack, VMWare, etc.) for internal and external-facing use cases.
- Coordinate problem resolution with vendors. Maintain communications with internal / external contacts during the problem resolution process.
- Create project plans, KBs, document internal procedures and processes.
- Assist in the design and implementation of any IP based services.
- Administer at a basic level, firewalls, VPN connections, and switches(adding a vlan).
- Partner with our Engineering department to establish infrastructure cookbooks and runbooks, etc. for customers and participate in product development decisions.
- Maintain backup and disaster recovery practices.
- Manage partner/vendor towards a win-win relationship.
- Provide services and support to end-users, as needed.
- Mentor team members in Linux technologies and advanced troubleshooting methods.
- BA/BS in a technology discipline or equivalent with 5 - 7 years of experience in supporting enterprise level Linux and networking environments is required.
- 3-5 years experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (e.g, routing, switching, and security).
- Troubleshooting experience in Windows clients, MacOS and Linux.
- Proficient understanding of container technology and orchestration and virtualization platforms.
- Extensive experience writing scripts, especially Python.
- Experience with information security technologies like, event log management, intrusion detection, anti-virus, vulnerability assessments.
- Must be able to work closely with end users, understand business processes and work effectively with cross functional teams.
- May be required to participate in an on-call rotation to support incidents.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently; customer service and organizational skills are required.
- Solid English skills with focus on verbal, written and interpersonal communication, customer service and organizational skills.
- Experience with any of the below technologies
- GSuite and integrations
- Atlassian Products
- Familiarity with NIST 800-171 is desired.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.