In the next decade, cars will safely drive themselves, trucks will deliver goods autonomously, and flying taxis will buzz over busy metropolitan areas. Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the world’s number one software framework for these smart machines and real-world systems. We lead the transition to intelligent, autonomous systems, the most important technology trend for the next decade and beyond.
Our software connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars. We are the best positioned company in the world to create the future of smart distributed systems. There is no better place to usher in the new intelligent world.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join the product development team creating Connext Micro, Connext Cert and Connext TSS. You will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform, at the core of autonomous vehicles and avionics platforms. The software needs to meet the highest software development standards for safety and security. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control.
As a company, RTI is also unique. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great compensation, benefits, and flexibility. RTI commits to making your life as satisfying as your career. RTI’s collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
Our ambitious mission and amazing opportunity is to transform transportation, medicine, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come and join us !
- Responsible for the success of RD projects. Lead planning, manage and control the execution of software development projects. These projects can range from small customer funded projects of 3 engineers, to the yearly release of our product line, with 10-15 engineers. The project teams are made up of engineers in both the US and Europe.
- Organize the project, create and maintain the schedule
- Organize the team and plan resources
- Identify, analyze and mitigate risk and facilitate conflict resolution
- Track and communicate project progress
- Develop proposals for customer requested feature development and platform requests
- Manage project budgets and subcontractors
- Evolve our development processes and best practices
- Introduce the right project management and development tools to allow us to deliver software efficiently.
- Mentor team in best practices for planning and execution
- Respond to development process audit requests
- Communicate regularly with EMT on status and risks.
- Working directly with the customer, account team, and internal management in the pre-proposal, proposal, execution, and post-delivery phases
We are looking for somebody with the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of project management experience of software projects -- proven ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously. You have a strong software engineering technical background. Ideally you have experience writing system software.
- You have great communication skills. You are a trusted project lead, who keeps customers, product management, executive management and the project team up to date on the status and progress.
- You are a natural leader, and are experienced at conflict resolution. You can adapt your style to different type of people. You are creative at team building and know how to coach the team throughout the different phases of the project.
- You have proven project management and organizational skills, including scheduling, time and risk management, resource prioritization, project structuring and meeting management.
- You are familiar using project management tools, such as Microsoft Project, Atlassian Jira, Portfolio.
- You understand various project management methodologies and know which may fit best for different type of projects and teams.
- You excel at simplifying complex problems to its core and distill the key requirements. You can drive the team towards a practical solution and executable plan, taking into account non-technical aspects, such as timelines and budget.
- You have experience interacting directly with the end-user / customer in all phases of the project, including proposal development, execution, and post-delivery.
- The ideal candidate is familiar with ISO, CMM or similar quality standards. You have experience developing and auditing processes to these quality standards.
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering highly desirable.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. Please click here to view our benefits package!
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
CO Salary Range: up to 120K DOE