Do you have a passion for project management? Are you excited about the future of the automotive industry? Do you like to be at the forefront of complex and challenging projects that require coordination, problem solving, and execution excellence with your team members and the customer’s team? As RTI continues to expand our presence and experience into the world of automotive engagements we are looking to add to our team of project managers that bring order, stability, and predictability to managing these demanding projects.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background with broad and diverse experience as a project manager and a history of managing small to medium-sized projects in collaboration with integrated product teams (IPTs). Additionally, this role will primarily be responsible for automotive engagement project management and therefore requires specific knowledge and previous experience working with automotive projects and customers.
As an Automotive Project Manager you will bring focus and coordination to our automotive engagements at RTI, working directly with our internal key stakeholders and customers. You will be responsible for defining, charting and executing a successful course with our automotive customers and working internally to continuously improve and strengthen RTI’s ability to engage in this fast moving and ever-evolving industry. If you have project management in your DNA and a proven track record on your resume, come delight our global customers as they usher in the future!
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
- Be a standard-bearer for excellence, integrity, and professionalism within the organization
- Provide calm, effective, compassionate, and stable project leadership to all IPT stakeholders
- Coordinate, execute, and deliver customer projects primarily focused in the automotive industry
- Work closely with the IPT in all phases of the project to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop, track, and update a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage the relationship with the customers and all internal stakeholders
- Work closely with management to develop and execute risk mitigation strategies to improve performance on troubled projects
- Schedule and hold planning calls and status meetings with both the customer and internal stakeholders on a regular basis
- Operationalize automotive project management engagements within the project tracking and reporting tools available
- Perform project reviews with all project stakeholders
- Identify, promote, and shepherd continuous process improvement to the established project management processes and methodologies
- Technical degree with 10+ years of customer-facing software project management experience
- 5+ years of experience directly managing and executing automotive engagements with a solid understanding of the automotive software industry and related standards and requirements
- Strong organizational and operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem solving, communication, delegation planning, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask several projects simultaneously
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent communicator in-person, on the phone, through email and online presentations
- Great collaborator, and experience working with cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office or G-Suite
- Experience using Project Management and Tracking Tools (e.g. MS Project, JIRA, Mavenlink, etc.)
- Alignment with RTI’s core values and beliefs.
The preferred candidate will have practical experience with many of the following automotive specific knowledge areas:
- Understanding of market trends and technical concepts of safety platforms for autonomous vehicles
- Experience working with automotive players: EV new players, OEMs, Tier-1s or System Integrators
- Experience in automotive production programs including RFQ, Project Bidding, Contextualization and Continuous Integration
- Familiarity with ADAS/Autonomous driving embedded platforms and software stacks
- High level understanding of automotive software development lifecycles and practices such as development of technical assessments, safety concepts, functional and structural code coverage, etc.
- Experience managing products contextualization to relevant automotive industry safety standards such as ISO 26262/SOTIF/UL4600
- Understanding of safety platforms, safety hypervisors, and networking (DDS, CAN Bus, SOME/IP) in safety environments
ASPICE, CMMI, Automotive SW Quality Management, industry planning processes such as APQP.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. Please click here to view our benefits package!
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.