Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced Account Manager (AM) with a passion for bringing products to the market that truly make a positive impact in the world? Are you interested in the opportunity to grow a customer base of innovative engineers with interesting technical challenges? Does the chance to win new customers and develop business in the booming Industrial IoT space excite you? Yes? This could be your next big move!
RTI is looking for an experienced Account Manager to drive sales of our Connext DDS software and services to existing and new customers. The AM will also be responsible for developing new Industrial IoT business such as Automotive, Healthcare, Transportation, Robotics in this territory as well. As an integral member of the field sales team you will use your knowledge and experience in the market, excellent technical sales and support track record to focus on acquiring new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. You will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close, account management, and exceeding quota in this rapidly growing industry.
At RTI, we take on some of the world’s most exciting and hardest technology problems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, helps hospitals monitor and care for patients, connects AI brains in autonomous cars, and safely guides airplanes with or without pilots. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. Our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. Employees are well recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—help us conquer fast growing markets and explore new technology as we expand! Guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges creatively to make a real difference for a better world.
- Presents and sells RTI high-end technology software solutions to R&D and engineering teams
- Seeks new business proactively
- Consults with customers onsite to understand their technical problems and challenges
- Works with RTI engineering staff to develop software solutions
- Communicates with decision makers and influencers
- Builds trust-based professional relationships with key decision makers
- Meets sales goals by closing business persistently
- 3-5 years selling high-end software solutions to engineers as well as senior management
- Excellent English proficiency required, German or any other European language is a plus
- BS or higher in engineering or computer science (Or equivalent experience)
- Ability to build and maintain executive-level client relationships in complex organisations
- Experience selling in various verticals such as Internet of Things, Industrial automation, Mobility or Medical Devices strongly preferred
- Ideally based in Germany
- Uses tools like Salesforce.com to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Track record of meeting sales quota consistently
- Experience developing new leads, lead follow-up, qualification and targeted account selling in person and by phone
- Enjoys prospecting and knows how to open new doors
- Strong communication skills to build rapport with prospects and current customers
- Likes to work in team-selling environment
- Background in middleware or communication infrastructure is a plus
- Travel within the territory is required
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.