Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced software engineer with a passion for solving complex technical problems? Do you enjoy thinking out of the box and facing new challenges? If you love working with other engineers, interacting with customers, solving real-world software mysteries and like the opportunity to tackle tough technology problems, this is your role!
At RTI, we take on some of the world’s most exciting and hardest technology problems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, helps hospitals monitor and care for patients, connects AI brains in autonomous cars, and safely guides airplanes with or without pilots. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. Our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. Employees are well recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—help us conquer fast growing markets and explore new technology as we expand! Guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges creatively to make a real difference for a better world.
Make our customers successful using RTI's Connext products.
The RTI Support group is somewhat unique. First of all, our customers are experienced and sophisticated software engineers, building critical IIoT systems. The issues they run into are real-world, complex, technical problems. This is not a run of the mill support job. You will be challenged and learn many different technologies: DDS, various programming languages, networking technologies, (real-time) operating systems, database technologies, debugging skills, communication skills, etc. Secondly, you will own overall customer success with our product. We do not measure support in how quickly you can shuffle a case to the next engineer or close it out. There are no prescribed scripts: debugging software doesn't follow any scripts either. We want the customer to be successful using the product APIs and features. You own the support case from the beginning to the end. Finally, you can have an impact in the product by being the user’s advocate, detecting improvement areas in the product and feeding our customers’ valuable feedback into our technology.
As a software engineer in the Support team you will be triaging, debugging, and also writing code (bug fixes, customer use case implementations, example code, etc.). Some of the tasks that may be part of your day are:
- Investigate, understand and debug customer issues. Work closely with our development and platform teams to find the root cause of these issues.
- Find timely creative solutions to customer problems. This includes bug fixing and writing test cases based upon the customer use case.
- Create, test and ship engineering builds, and patch releases.
- Write best practices and solutions for our knowledge base.
- Provide support status to the support manager and overall R&D team.
- Ensure our customers succeed with RTI technology.
- Provide feedback to the development team to help improve our products.
- Degree in Computer science or related field. Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, operating systems, computer networking, robotics preferred.
- Excellent debugging skills in a wide variety of technologies, networking protocols, operating systems and programming languages. We’re looking for a software engineer, who can learn quickly and be effective in a large variety of technologies. Intellectually curious with a desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Experience writing and debugging code in C, C++ and/or Java.
- You love support. Interested in working directly with customers to ensure their success. Experience in technical support of SDKs, or professional engineering services, is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Mandarin) or Japanese communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Exceptional team player who works well in both collaborative environments as well as independently in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team (in Singapore, Europe and US)
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.