As a software engineer in our development team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. Our team values creativity, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes - all markets where security and safety matter. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants in North America, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best-positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems. You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades—the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
Working with the team in Granada, Spain you will help continue our success in Europe and beyond. We are fun, energetic and passionate about what we do. Come join us, and develop technology at the core of real-time distributed, mission-critical systems.
As part of the Core team you will be focused on some of our most-demanded language APIs, such as modern C++, C#, and Ada 2012. You will have a direct impact on RTI, and our customers by designing modern and easy-to-use APIs.
- You will enhance the Connext DDS language bindings, with a focus on modern C++, C#, and Ada. You will design new features and participate in architecture reviews for the overall product.
- You will maintain and support one or more of these language bindings; implement bug fixes, and maintain the API documentation; investigate, understand, and debug customer issues; find creative solutions to customer problems; and evaluate performance.
- You have a passion for programming languages.
- You have experience programming in C++ (through internships, college projects, open source projects, etc). Experience in C# and/or Ada is a plus.
- You are excited about growing your knowledge within these programming languages.
- You have the ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in California and an office in Spain.
- You have excellent English written communication skills
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related field (advanced degree preferred) with studies related to computer networking and software development.
- 0-5 years of professional experience
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer